Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   February weight loss 2016 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/february-weight-loss-2016-a-t275194.html)

Jcarpentier 02-02-2016 10:00 AM

Hello everyone. I'm hoping you all are ready for a month of weight loss! I sure am! Have a great day!

Pam H 02-03-2016 03:40 PM

I am in for February. Last month I lost 2.2. Tomorrow I go for blood work to see if my diet has improved my numbers.

Susanna10 02-04-2016 08:50 AM

Have you announced the winner yet? Why do we have 2 February post going???

meanmom 02-04-2016 04:59 PM

The other February post is last year. I noticed I wasn't putting the year on it, also former host didn't put the year on either. Makes them hard to find.
The winner for January is Jcarpentier with a loss of 7.5 pounds. Great job.There were some good losses again this month. Everyone keep up the good work.

meanmom 02-04-2016 05:11 PM

I am trying for a big loss for February. I started going to a water bootcamp class this week. It is a good group of ladies and a fun class. It is a much better workout than some of the water aerobics classes I have taken in the past. It does cut into my quilting time some.
I need to come up with some new snacks for after work and before classes. I can't eat dinner or I would probably puke. But need something or I run out of gas. Today I diced an apple and put some almond butter and cinnamon on it. It was really good. I would need something a little bit more before spinning class. I get bored with food easily.
I am trying to finish all of my UFO's this year. I am trying to do the same as last year and finish 2 UFO's before I let myself start something new. I just finished 3 UFO's so I am trying to decide what to do next. SO many projects in my head and so little time!

Pam H 02-04-2016 06:47 PM

That was a good choice for a snack, Pat. A couple of my favorite snacks are peppers with hummus and triscuits or wheat thins with a light laughing cow cheese wedge.
For anyone wanting to cut back on sugar, here is an article I just found. I can't believe there are 56 different names for sugar! No wonder it is so hard to stay away from.
http://www.buzzfeed.com/carolynkylst...2u#.ovYRlnlw71
Congrats Jcarpenter. That is a great loss!

Leann 02-05-2016 06:24 AM

Great job Jcarpentier! I pray your success continues!

Maggiemay 02-05-2016 07:23 AM

I'd love to join in & if I'm too late for the prize, then for the chit chat. I read the thread from time to time for tips & motivation! I saw an article recently that said one of the best tools for weight loss is support & I am in need of some! I lost 2 lbs in January- nothing spectacular, but a small move in the right direction.

mjmachin 02-05-2016 10:43 AM

Yikes, I could not find the thread, but here I am at last!! I joined WW in January and lost 5 lbs the first week, .5 the second week. Now it is February and I will weigh in again tomorrow. I have a hard time sticking with something so this is the 3rd time I am at WW. It worked before, but I always quit too soon and stopped. Need this loss to help with blood pressure. Also, I sure would like to shop for clothes and actually have something I like fit me! Have not quilted since Christmas. I am knitting hats and scarfs for my grandchildren who live in MN.....snow, cold, burr!! I have one left to do and then back to my quilting. I have sure missed it. So, luck to everyone here. This will be a good month for us all!!

Jcarpentier 02-06-2016 05:50 AM

Thanks! I think what really helped is drinking lots of water and stopping eating when I was full. Also, I tried to know when I was really hungry versus just bored, etc. That cold that hit me at the end of the month probably helped too, but I wouldn't recommend it. Thanks for all the congrats! Have a wonderful day everyone!