Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Female bladder surgery (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/female-bladder-surgery-t46436.html)

Julie in NM 05-19-2010 01:05 PM

Know I got your attention now. Issue getting worse and doc said I could have surgery if doing the "special exercises' don't work. After I left the office, I was there for my knee issue, I thought of serveral questions. If someone has had this surgery, and if you don't want to respond on the forum, Just wondering about the recovery time and other issues other gals may have experienced. I'm 59 and had three babies and I know this is a common problem w/women. :(

MadQuilter 05-19-2010 01:18 PM

I'm trying to come up with a plan to tie this topic to the main quilting theme. Not sure you'd appreciate any of my suggestions though. lol

Call me 52 and drippy in CA (in other words - I hear ya' sister)

sewcrafty 05-19-2010 01:19 PM

Can't help with any answers, just wishing you good luck!! :D :D

Jingle 05-19-2010 01:51 PM

I'm almost 65 and had more problems in my forties and none now.

marsye 05-19-2010 02:01 PM

I thought after a hysterectomy 3 years ago I was gonna have to have surgery but I did the "special exercises" for awhile and everything is fine now. ;)

mrsdralshhadeh 05-19-2010 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Julie in NM
Know I got your attention now. Issue getting worse and doc said I could have surgery if doing the "special exercises' don't work. After I left the office, I was there for my knee issue, I thought of serveral questions. If someone has had this surgery, and if you don't want to respond on the forum, Just wondering about the recovery time and other issues other gals may have experienced. I'm 59 and had three babies and I know this is a common problem w/women. :(

I beleive the surgery the doc is refering to is called a TVT. it is a surgery that they take like an elastic band and attatch to one side of ur pelvic bone, down under the bladder and back to the othe pelvic bone. basically a sling. I have had it. I a only 31, however,, after 5 pregnancies and a hysterectomy, they did it. it works like a new machine now!!LOL.. The ebst part is,, when I do have to tinkle,, I do not hve to work,, it just flows like a golden river now,,,, I hope this helps.... :-D

katmom54 05-19-2010 02:33 PM

had it...worked fine...was out shopping in a few days. No problems...not always totally effective, but at worst, helps some. hope this makes you feel better....

mrsdralshhadeh 05-19-2010 02:34 PM

the recovery is simple.. I ended up with a foley cath. for 4 days, ( only due to endometriatis to my uterus) but, my mother, and 3 aunts have had it done, and it was very quick. :-)

bearisgray 05-19-2010 02:43 PM

would be interested in answers, too

doggone nuisance

one thing quits dripping and another starts

stitchinwitch 05-19-2010 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
I'm trying to come up with a plan to tie this topic to the main quilting theme. Not sure you'd appreciate any of my suggestions though. lol

Call me 52 and drippy in CA (in other words - I hear ya' sister)

" A stitch in time saves 9"???? - yeah, count me in too! I have been hearing Whoopie talk about it on the View - I thought I was the only one-------and allergy season??? FORGET IT!