Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Fibromyalgia (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/fibromyalgia-t28799.html)

MadQuilter 11-16-2009 04:39 PM

In California, a patient with Chronic Pain might opt for medical marijuana.

marsye 11-16-2009 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter

No thanks :roll:

MadQuilter 11-16-2009 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by marsye
No thanks :roll:

Just to clarify: I'm only saying but not advertising. My girlfriend is at the point to where she is considering it. She is a very conservative person and I was quite surprised when she told me.

marsye 11-16-2009 06:06 PM

I tried that stuff a couple of times when I was teenager, it was nasty! And yes I inhaled. :shock:

HMK 11-16-2009 09:30 PM

As a Vegan, I have to say that since I've adopted this lifestyle the Fibro pain has eased. It has been a journey and not adopted overnight but began as a Vegetarian who decided to take things to the next level. A bit of exercise is also good but you have to remember not to over stress your body with extreme stuff. My philosophy is things in moderation. Good luck in finding what works for you.

tigger5464 11-16-2009 09:41 PM

Please ladies...watch out with the soy based products. Medical research has proven that if there is breast cancer in your family...consuming soy based products can cause your chances of breast cancer to go even higher. My mother had breast cancer a couple of years ago and now I'm really afraid to eat anything that has soy in it. I guess I would rather be safe than sorry at this point since I have cancer on both sides. (My father passed away from colon cancer 8 yrs ago.)
So, ladies please be careful. I would miss all of you

Iluv2quilt 11-17-2009 02:54 AM

I haven't heard of any herbs to help Fibro. I've been diagnosed for about 10 years now. No one has ever offered me a natural healer. They just want to give out pain killers.

patricej 11-17-2009 03:15 AM

Originally Posted by tigger5464
Please ladies...watch out with the soy based products. Medical research has proven that if there is breast cancer in your family...consuming soy based products can cause your chances of breast cancer to go even higher.

research may indicate an increased chance, but that does not necessarily mean there is an absolute direct link between consuming soy and getting BC. there are far too many other factors that may play a role.

same goes for the thyroid studies. same goes for all similar studies.

file the information under "food for thought". each person who wants to make the choice to "soy or not to soy" should read up on the subject and determine how it relates to their individual situation.

patricej 11-17-2009 03:18 AM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter

howzabout we leave this particular subject out of the general conversation. it's politically charged, has serious moral, ethical and legal ramifications, and can only lead to arguments.

tlrnhi 11-17-2009 03:30 AM

Hey...can ya pass the doobie?

lol
Ok, had to put that in there to lighten the mood. :) :) :)