Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Flat Rate Envelopes - Problem solution (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/flat-rate-envelopes-problem-solution-t100412.html)

sharon b 02-17-2011 08:29 PM

Ok Deb add me to your list - her name was Rosemary at the Olive St post Office in South Bend IN - get this she refused it and went on to explain that an envelope is an envelope- yada yada yada gave me the tyvek and said I had to step aside to readdress it :hunf: then they got busy so she called for help- the back up clerk comes up- calls me over - takes the FRE- no questions seals it up for me and away it goes :shock: THE SAME OFFICE !!!!

Nanamoms 02-18-2011 06:27 AM

Another recourse is to go to usps.gov, look for the problems/issues area and send them an email, giving them exact info on your problem. Then from there, this email is reviewed, sent to the Postmaster at the branch (be sure to give them this info) and then the Postmaster at that branch addresses the issue. Then the usps.gov will contact you to see if issue is resolved. They assign it a Case No. and will follow up with you to see if issue resolved. Believe me, the 'clerk/carrier' does NOT want to have to receive this type of "reprimand" twice.

My sister works for PO and she gets so irritated that many of the employees don't care about what type of service they give the customer.

Right now I'm having an issue with my carrier stuffing my mailbox so full that either the packages are tearing when he shoves them in or they tear when I try to pull them out. And I'm talking about bubblewrapped packages and cardboard Priority packages.

Life is never easy, is it?

Deb watkins 02-18-2011 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by Nanamoms
Another recourse is to go to usps.gov, look for the problems/issues area and send them an email, giving them exact info on your problem. Then from there, this email is reviewed, sent to the Postmaster at the branch (be sure to give them this info) and then the Postmaster at that branch addresses the issue. Then the usps.gov will contact you to see if issue is resolved. They assign it a Case No. and will follow up with you to see if issue resolved. Believe me, the 'clerk/carrier' does NOT want to have to receive this type of "reprimand" twice.

My sister works for PO and she gets so irritated that many of the employees don't care about what type of service they give the customer.

Right now I'm having an issue with my carrier stuffing my mailbox so full that either the packages are tearing when he shoves them in or they tear when I try to pull them out. And I'm talking about bubblewrapped packages and cardboard Priority packages.

Life is never easy, is it?

Thanks for this as well!!

Katydid2 02-18-2011 07:35 AM

Mahomet, Il and this was having to pay extra postage on the Receiving end to pick up the package. Thanks for your willingness to address this.

Deb watkins 02-18-2011 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by Katydid2
Mahomet, Il and this was having to pay extra postage on the Receiving end to pick up the package. Thanks for your willingness to address this.

Please give me the name of the PO and the zip that is charging you extra.

Katydid2 02-18-2011 10:27 AM

61853 small town, it is Mahomet Post Office

CloverPatch 02-18-2011 10:30 AM

Ok, Im a little behind here what is an FRE?

Deb watkins 02-18-2011 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by CloverPatch
Ok, Im a little behind here what is an FRE?

Flat Rate Envelopes that are causing lots of problems for swappers. I have several complaints that I will be addressing for us. I have a great PO here and they have offered to help resolve this issue for us.

QKO 02-23-2011 10:42 AM

Just one little informational note, for those who don't know it...

The new Padded Flat Rate envelopes must have $4.95 postage on them, whether you buy the postage online or at the post office, same price.

You don't get the 20 cent break for buying online like you do for the other FRE's.