Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Football Anyone? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/football-anyone-t74694.html)

mimiof3 11-07-2010 04:30 AM

Goooooooooooooo GIANTS!
Love my Sunday football. Have been a Giants fan forever. Made a take 5 quilt w/giants fabric for my gs baby shower 2 years ago and my son was thrilled. One for him is on my list of things to do.

quilt3311 11-07-2010 05:05 AM

If its a good game (not one with one team running over the other) I can watch, but mostly I catch the news and see the whole game in 5 minutes. Hubby watches, I sew.

Marlys 11-07-2010 05:10 AM

Originally Posted by sandyo
Go Pack Go, need I say more:)

YES!!!
I will say that I was a bit disappointed in some of the NFL teams. I was chairman of a fundraiser and wrote to several teams for something to auction off. They all wrote back and said no because we were not in their viewing area. HELLO - we live in Montana! We don't have a team here, so does that put Seattle, Denver, Vikings, Packers & Cowboys out of our area. Heck no - we watch them all! I am also a Dolphins fan & you can't get much farther away than that!

Japonica 11-07-2010 05:31 AM

Originally Posted by Carol's Quilts
When I was a freshman at Penn State (in 1958 !), the head football coach, Rip Engel (very famous, much loved and predecessor of Joe Paterno) came to our dorm, brought his blackboard and explained the game to all us girls, complete with diagrams and model plays, etc. I don't know of any other coach who ever did that. I learned to understand the game and I have been a fan ever since. Later, my husband thought it was really neat that I knew the game. Of course, as fate would have it, I ended up marrying a Pitt man, so every Saturday we had a war at our house!

My dad's enthusiasm for pro football rubbed off on me and, needless to say, I always have been and still am the biggest, most avid Pittsburgh Steelers fan. I get very emotional about the Steelers and, even though I live alone now, I never miss a game on TV, and I holler and cheer and pound the furniture and jump up and down and curse and cry and just get SO excited - all by myself! As much as I love sewing and quilting, it all has to wait until after the game!

Hey fellow "burger"!!! I absolutely love the Steelers!!!!
I get dressed in Steeler gear and yell and scream and pound furniture too! Have been to a few games in my life and that is just so intense and wonderful. Pgh. has the greatest fans in the world!!

Pam B 11-07-2010 05:53 AM

I prefer college football! Purdue football, actually, although they have struggled for a few years now. <sigh> There is nothing like watching them, especially when they are playing in Ross-Ade and I can see campus in the background...takes me right back to my college days! That said, unless I have handwork to do, I generally do not watch football on Sundays. I don't have TV in my sewing room anymore (we don't have satellite in there) so I find myself either listening to music or, watching DVDs. If I were to watch pro-football...it would be the Colts.

Edie 11-07-2010 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by sandyo
Go Pack Go, need I say more:)

NO!!!!!!

mamaw 11-07-2010 06:00 AM

Oh my gosh, you and I are alike with football!!! My hubby and 3 sons each have different teams; and the boys all played from 9 yrs. old through high school. I watch their games every Sunday and Monday nights...gives me something fun to talk with them about. Green Bay, Steelers, Dolphins, and Giants are the teams we cheer for in this house. I don't have a team, so just cheer for theirs. I missed the big Steelers/Dolphins a couple weekends ago because I was at my nieces baby shower. My oldest called me on my cell phone at half time to tell me how it was going. Some of the ladies laughed and the others were kind of disgusted hee,hee.

Nanjun 11-07-2010 06:43 AM

Never..............when my DH was alive and watched every game possible I went to computer and spent the evening.

PeggyT 11-07-2010 06:47 AM

Sunday's and Monday's you can find hubby and I in our living room watching the games! During football games I get more binding work done than any other time! I love this time of the year!

joeyoz 11-07-2010 08:01 AM

GO DUCKS!!!