Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Full Moon..Does it affect you and how? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/full-moon-does-affect-you-how-t185116.html)

Charlee 04-05-2012 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by auniqueview (Post 5119121)
Researchers should try working in a hospital during a full moon,

Or as an EMT....we used to schedule extra people for the full moon...and we needed them!

sassey 04-05-2012 05:32 PM

I worked in prisions for years A full moon guaranteed trouble of some kind

raedar63 04-05-2012 05:40 PM

Lots of thoughts here . As for science, the moon affects the tides of the great oceans and seas. As a 30 plus worker in health care ,the full moon is a fact it does bring the chaos on full force. As a pagan myself ,yes the moon is a very powerful being.....

Lois-nounoe 04-05-2012 06:06 PM

If the moon phases effect the tides then why shouldn't effect our bodies? After all we are a huge percentage of water! (should I howl now or later?) LOL

Peckish 04-05-2012 06:44 PM

I agree with an earlier poster who was a 911 dispatcher, I too was a 911 dispatcher also and you did not need a calender to tell what time of month it was. It got crazy bad when a full moon landed on a Friday or Saturday night.

Scissor Queen 04-05-2012 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by auniqueview (Post 5119121)
Researchers should try working in a hospital during a full moon, and then write their reports. The moon affects the tides, our moods, etc. Hey, there is a reason they call them luna-tics, lol. If you work with the public, you don't need a calendar to know when the moon is full.

Or try bartending during a full moon!! The worst full moons fell on "zoo" night. We were one of the only bars open on Sunday nights and all the crazies would show up then and a full moon made it about 10 times worse.

Jan in VA 04-06-2012 11:00 AM

Babies!! Ask any L&D nurse or midwife or doula and they will tell you they know to get ecxtras sleep before the crush of birthings during a full moon! And if the moon is full but there is a storm, too, look out!

Jan in VA

Pat M. 04-06-2012 01:56 PM

Yes, I notice that and that my hair get hairier and my nails are longer, my husband says I sound like a dog baying at the moon in my sleep. Could be because I got bit as a young girl??

alikat110 04-07-2012 04:52 AM

as a nurse, we definately see a difference in the behavior of our patients during the full moon. more so in elderly and demented....but definately. Oh, and the nurses, too!!!

coopah 04-07-2012 05:10 AM

Oh, yeah, the full moon has an effect! During 31 years of teaching, it just blew my mind that administrators would plan "hyped up" activities during the full moon when they could have been scheduled differently. The whole day would just be "gone" as far as academics went. I learned to save art and such for those days.