Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Full Moon..Does it affect you and how? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/full-moon-does-affect-you-how-t185116.html)

honeybea 04-05-2012 09:25 AM

Full Moon..Does it affect you and how?

I find that I get so tired on the full moon . This happens each time. Many times I am not aware of it until I check the calendar and find that that's the reason... I taught for many years and I found that the students got very restless and into trouble more than usual.

gramajo 04-05-2012 09:32 AM

I don't feel the full moon affects me personally, but I'm a cashier at a convenience store. The moon definitely affects some of my customers. A lot of them are nuttier, ruder and more obnixious than they usually are. Most of my customers are great, but there are a few.....

usafchick1980 04-05-2012 09:37 AM

Trust me..as a 911 Dispatcher we can tell when Full Moon is coming. We get a lot busier. And a lot more Psychiatric calls.

Glenda m 04-05-2012 12:53 PM

Some people say that the moon has no effect, but those of us that deal with the public know better. And besides..what harm does it do if I want to go out in the yard and howl at the moon. Scares the heck out of the neighbors. LOL

MaryMo 04-05-2012 01:06 PM

Research shows that the full-moon effect is a myth ... but tell that to those who work with people of all kinds; something is different when the moon is full. Is it because the night is so bright affecting sleep?

auniqueview 04-05-2012 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by MaryMo (Post 5119098)
Research shows that the full-moon effect is a myth ... but tell that to those who work with people of all kinds; something is different when the moon is full. Is it because the night is so bright affecting sleep?

Researchers should try working in a hospital during a full moon, and then write their reports. The moon affects the tides, our moods, etc. Hey, there is a reason they call them luna-tics, lol. If you work with the public, you don't need a calendar to know when the moon is full.

b.zang 04-05-2012 01:33 PM

And if you work with children, too. Walk around the school hallways as the full moon approaches and compare it to a walk two weeks later. Don't need a moon chart!

Some months I don't seem to sleep as well when the moon is full. Could be the moon effect, or the light from it shining in my eyes. LOL

mary quilting 04-05-2012 03:49 PM

we have more crazy customers on the full moon .Those who do the research should work in sales with the public That would mack them believers.

EllieGirl 04-05-2012 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by b.zang (Post 5119136)
And if you work with children, too. Walk around the school hallways as the full moon approaches and compare it to a walk two weeks later. Don't need a moon chart!

Some months I don't seem to sleep as well when the moon is full. Could be the moon effect, or the light from it shining in my eyes. LOL

I retired from 37 years of teaching. There is a definite connection between behavior and moon cycles. The last 10 years I taught I had 8 th graders! Oh my word!! They were totally out of control during full moons.

My older daughter has worked with geriatrics in assisted living homes, and I behavioral units with schizophrenics and she sees a connection with those groups too.

nivosum 04-05-2012 05:02 PM

There is definitely a connection. I get irritable the night before and the day of the full moon.