Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Funny kids at the door for Trick or Treating...did you get any? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/funny-kids-door-trick-treating-did-you-get-any-t164737.html)

sasseyib 11-01-2011 06:11 AM

We only had three but later had two groups of high school kids which we told them that they were too old to be out. One group came back after the lights were out but we told them to go away. My older grandchildren don't go out anymore so I was surprised that these showed up. It is over for another year.

Nana Julie 11-01-2011 07:01 AM

I only got my youngest grandson and his two cousins. And of course the parents. Would love to post pic but the file attachment won't leave the pic on there. It is a JPG I already checked.

Patchesnposies 11-01-2011 07:03 AM

I noticed that the number of houses to go to was WAY down this year. I am thinking maybe folks just didn't have the extra money for candy to pass out.

My youngest son (4 yo) really enjoyed trick or treating this year. He had the concept down. He displayed his best manners and said Trick or Treat and a hearty Thank You after receiving the candy.

His problem was that he couldn't discern who the right folks to say trick or treat to were.

So, he ended up trick or treating fellow trick or treater's! A bunch of teenagers were happy to oblige and gave him candy out of their own bags.

He and his five siblings had a great night!

Deb

QuiltnNan 11-01-2011 08:16 PM

4 for me

Sunnye 11-02-2011 04:36 PM

Sorry; I got no Board Nov. 1st, but...
We got more kids this year than the last several years but all but about five were teenagers! None apologetic teenagers wanting candy!

chrissyort 11-02-2011 04:38 PM

In St. Louis we ask all the kids to tell us a joke. "No joke, no treat!" Some will turn to walk away and I have to tell them to come back, "I'm only kidding!"

teacherbailey 11-03-2011 01:41 PM

I had a neighborhood bunch from around me and later I had three high school aged young men.....I usually don't give candy to teenagers but they had clearly put some time and effort into their costumes so I did. One even said "Thank you, Ma'am"....and I dropped another handful into his bag for having good manners. I'm a middle school teacher and can tell you that manners are a lost art!!!!!

Lormito 11-08-2011 04:38 PM

I bet I beat you all for the number of trick or treaters. I had 427. Our trick or treat was held on Nov. 3 due to a major storm in Massachusetts. We had no power for 4 days. The surrounding towns had their trick or treat on Nov. 5, so I'm sure most of my visitors were from other towns. I had one little guy that was an adorable Spiderman. As he was walking down the walk I said " Is that Spiderman coming?" When he reached the door he looked up at me and said "No, it's just a costume" He was about 3 yrs. old and cute as could be.