Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Gmary Fons leaving Love if Quilting (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/gmary-fons-leaving-love-if-quilting-t275097.html)

Skhf 01-28-2016 07:26 AM

Gmary Fons leaving Love if Quilting

I saw a video and Mary Fons said she was leaving PBS show Love of Quilting. Anyone know why? Her blog is still active but I could not find details as to why she was leaving and her current plans

Geri B 01-28-2016 08:41 AM

Wow...I have watched a few episodes where actually someone else hosted.......I do know she has "designed" a line of fabric and was a guest on a MSQC tute and also caught her on a sewing program lately.... I personally do not like the "new" F&P programs....guess used to the two who started it working together. Also now there are no dimensions given, just told to go to website.....where one is told to get the mag that the episode is based on.....

will wait and and see....all things change and evolve

Nammie to 7 01-28-2016 08:51 AM

Haven't heard that before -- I like this show and hope it continues.

Geri B 01-28-2016 09:26 AM

I just went on line and read a few thing about Mary Fons.......poor girl gas had a nasty bout with intestinal problems..hope she's better......no mention of her leaving F&P though....

ill keep watching the program...hopefully it will continue somehow...actually it's the only one left around here!

oh munner 01-28-2016 09:28 AM

That girl has irritated me from day one, so I can't say I'm sorry to see her go. What I have never been able to understand, is why Liz Porter has never done a "special" with Maryann Fons, The only time you see her is with Mary.

Stitchnripper 01-28-2016 09:36 AM

I saw Mary Fons at a quilt show and she was delightful. She did say her feelings were bruised by so many hateful comments about her looks and how she isn't her mother.

toverly 01-28-2016 12:46 PM

I actually like her better than the original ladies. It's probably that she has her own things, isn't she big in Craftsy?

Onebyone 01-28-2016 02:27 PM

If she hadn't taken over the show the show was going to be discontinued. She has no colon so that alone is enough to deal, she doesn't need snarky remarks from the public but that's what you get when you are in the public eye. No she isn't her mother and never attempted to be. I know she appeals to the younger quilter, my DD friends will watch her show but not the others. Her fabric is great and not the utlra modern stuff most younger designers are creating.

mike'sgirl 01-28-2016 02:38 PM

She has gotten more sure of herself and less chatty. I like her over her mother. I also prefer Liz and like when she is on the show.

lynnie 01-28-2016 03:45 PM

everyone will hate me for saying, but what does not having intestines have to do with likeing someone? If you don't like them, watch something else. Do I have to feel sorry for someone, Just saying.