Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Good Grief no wonder we marched in the streets. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/good-grief-no-wonder-we-marched-streets-t68325.html)

Moon Holiday 10-06-2010 05:29 AM

OMG, Gag me with a spoon!!!

Deborah12687 10-06-2010 06:00 AM

My Dad was one of those that exspected to be treated this way. My Mom would bend over backwards cleaning the house, cooking etc etc. He also had a rule that kids and women were seen and not hurd. As we got older my sister, brother and I started to chalenge him and my Mom would stand up for us and herself. My Mom desided to go to work to earn her own money and he did not want her to work and they got into a big spat. To make her point that she could go to work she would serve up the food for us kids and when my Dad sat down to eat she would dump his plate over his head for a full week! He learned that times were changing and he finely mellowed out. My husband is a very good man and I love him a lot and he is a wonderful man.

ceegee 10-06-2010 07:14 AM

I would love to forward this to my very liberated daughter-in-law
ceegee
is there any way that you could provide the original source so that iI may be able to forward this piece. How agout a quilt with all these ideas!

lynnie 10-06-2010 08:52 AM

OMG, who do they think they were kidding>>>>

angieh1964 10-06-2010 08:54 AM

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!! if i manage to get out of my pjs the hubby asks if i went somewhere! and if i did even a third of the crap on that list my husband would ask if i was sick and then ask well then who are you and what did you do with my wife! omg still laughing my butt off PLEASE!!!

kellen46 10-06-2010 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by ceegee
I would love to forward this to my very liberated daughter-in-law
ceegee
is there any way that you could provide the original source so that iI may be able to forward this piece. How agout a quilt with all these ideas!

I found it on a free clip site so I think you are safe to send it on....

Sannianni 10-06-2010 09:31 AM

I think a man wrote this!

damaquilts 10-06-2010 09:34 AM

This is exactly how I was raised. of course I was raised by my grandparents. Children were definately to be seen and Not heard and we learned if we mouthed off we ended up on the floor. I didn't know any better until after my second divorce. Neither of them would ever even think of wanting me now. LOL Especially my second.
But yes this is how it was expected. I asked my grandmother one time why she didn't get divorce my grandfather and she told me she knew what she had and didn't know what she would get. Personally I think she should have poisoned the sob but that is hindsight. lol

marthe brault-hunt 10-06-2010 09:46 AM

I'll have my two grand-daughters read this when they start asking Grandma in your time! They hardly believe me when I tell them that we had to wear a hat and gloves.

Gramof6 10-06-2010 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by Eddie

Originally Posted by JudyG

Originally Posted by Eddie
Wow, I really like that! It is so full of truth! :)

Oh, Eddie, remember you are waaaaay outnumbered here (and at home). Of course, we know you're kidding or you wouldn't be surviving in a house with three women.

Hahaha....you have NOooooo idea how right you are. I am outnumbered and never will have the odds in my favor. If I were to show that to my wife and even suggest that she follow it, well...I better be prepared to protect myself! :D

I bet that brings on a whole new meaning "To run for the hills" huh? :-D :-D :-D