Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Good Grief no wonder we marched in the streets. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/good-grief-no-wonder-we-marched-streets-t68325.html)

dsb38327 10-06-2010 09:54 AM

They have got to be kidding!

gloing 10-06-2010 10:36 AM

Hi kellen, If I remember right women could not sell any stock without there husbands permission up intill the 80tys. I could be wrong, I am an old lady of 70, and I do have senior monents. Have a great day. Love ya Glo

SandyMac 10-06-2010 02:25 PM

Some time read a old singer sewing book.Ya like any of that will ever happen at my house lol :-D

sheila bee 10-06-2010 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by amma
LMBO I would never have been able to be a "Good Wife" :roll: :lol::lol:

me either....that makes my head spin to....

dljennings 10-06-2010 04:08 PM

two sayings guarenteed to make me nuts

any woman "my husband lets (or won't let) me________"

any father "i have to babysit so the wife can ______"

my oldest ds said the babysit thing ONCE, dh just backed away from the dining room table & told him, "you are on your own" he's never said it again!

quiltluvr 10-06-2010 04:15 PM

Just makes me appreciate that my husband loves me just the way I am. Even with all his faults and mine, he makes it easy to want to listen to him and do things that show my love for him. I can't imagine being with someone who treated me condescendingly lower than he. However I have no desire to compete to be the boss with him either. I like what the Bible says, to be a compliment to each other. That works for me.

amandasgramma 10-06-2010 06:23 PM

MY mother lectured me like that (the mother-daughter talk just before the wedding)....ROLMAO!! yeah, right -- I'm SO glad I was a child of the 60s that said "NO WAY"!! LOL

Ragann63 10-06-2010 07:12 PM

Years ago my Cadette/Senior Girl Scout troop completed the badge requirements from a 1950s GS Handbook. This is just about what it was like! The girls were absolutely dying...we have certainly come a long way although I wish we hadn't left so much of the public civility behind...

luvTooQuilt 10-06-2010 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk
Thanks for the laugh.

I do a lot of those things for my husband cheerfully.
That's how I was raised, a woman takes care of the home her husband provides for her. My husband makes sure I have what my heart desires, a new truck every few years, a fantastic sewing room and plenty of laughter in the house.

Ditto- Im only 40 & I do alot of those things too..and my hubby is spoiled, spoiled, spoiled!!.. He lovingly brags about it too.. I do it out of respect , love and admiration.. I'M fortunate to be a SAHM, brand new car, and a wonderfully stocked sewing room.. I was raised to take care of my man, my family and my home...

ChubbyBunny 10-06-2010 07:37 PM

Give me a bucket.....I'm gonna vomit!!! I can't believe that's how women were expected to act. I definitely wouldn't have been "good wife" material. :roll: