Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Got An "Awesome" Present last Night! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/got-%22awesome%22-present-last-night-t46717.html)

QuickStitch 05-23-2010 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Charlee
Aw Carrie! How disappointing! (funny, but disappointing!) Go buy your treadle machine...and tell him it's a present for him!! :lol:

I so agree with you. LOL

reach for the stars 2 05-23-2010 03:06 PM

Maybe u can take it apart and make a treadle. LOL

gailalter 05-23-2010 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by Charlee
Aw Carrie! How disappointing! (funny, but disappointing!) Go buy your treadle machine...and tell him it's a present for him!! :lol:

Now I like your train of thought! LOL

dyer804 05-23-2010 06:17 PM

I once got a pressure washer for Mother's Day! He got a new blender for Father's Day! A good friend of mine tells me that her mother bought a new dress for her husband's birthday each year so he could see her wearing something nice. As you can see, you can make this work in your favor.

nannya54 05-23-2010 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by Sewlmatesister
You have to remember a deere to a man is like a longarm to a quilter!!! LOL

Oh, so true a statement I haven't heard in a long time!

wildyard 05-23-2010 08:05 PM

My DH bought me a riding mower for my birthday, about 4 years ago. He got on it to show me how everything worked and I haven't had to mow the lawn since then. Now that worked out to be one of my better presents in the long run, cuz I can now quilt while he mows. Smiles and hugggggs!

garysgal 05-23-2010 09:32 PM

that's funny! My husband came home one day after work and said he had bought me something. I got really excited-maybe a new ???? It was a Scroll saw!!!! (I have yet to use it-it scares me to death!)

BellaBoo 05-24-2010 05:37 AM

I was tired of a little patch of grass growing that no one seemed to want to mow. It was off to itself and usually forgotten when the lawn mower (yes a Deere here too!)was out. I went to Lowe's and bought a small electric mower and a very long cord. I came home and had the patch mowed in no time. I got busy doing something else and forgot all about the mower. This was the week before Mother's Day. Mother's Day what did I get? A brand new electric lawn mower, exactly like the one I just bought. LOL. DH thought I'd love it since I gripped about the patch of grass being missed all the time. He didn't notice the patch was mowed, he didn't notice my new lawnmower in the car garage, and he didn't think to buy a long cord. My DD was here for Mother's Day and said Oh, I can use one of the mowers so she took the one I bought and my cord.

MNQuilter 05-24-2010 05:42 AM

I had to laugh at the riding lawn mower! For Mother's Day one year I got a lawn mower, a dish washer one year, and I think the new garbage disposal came right around Mother's day one year too! Seeing a pattern? :0) He did get me a real gift too, but likes to joke about the others!

EC 05-24-2010 07:46 AM

I'm with Charlee!!! I got a used fish tank one year, many moons ago, for my birthday!!! Yeah, right, I needed fish to take care of!

Ended up getting him a digital camera when they first came out. I LOVE IT!!!!!! He's still asking how to turn it on! LOL