Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Gypsy's ready! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/gypsys-ready-t19318.html)

fluffbug95 04-23-2009 03:41 PM

Those are adorable pics! She was soo small! Can you send me a PM please and explain the difference between a Minature Pony, and a Minature Horse? Or there aren't any differences? Im not sure. I haven't looked into Minature Horses/Ponies yet. I am still try to get my Dad to get me a Horse/Mini one!! I hope we could get one! :mrgreen:

Those Mini's sure are great lawnmowers!! :) LMBO! :D

barnbum 04-23-2009 04:32 PM

fluffbug...I'll answer here since others may want to know.
The American Miniature Horse is a height breed. There are two registries: AMHA and AMHR. AMHA requires the horses to be 34" and under. The measurement is taken from the last mane hair, unlike big horses where it's taken at the withers. Minis can be small--even 28" and under. AMHR has two divisions. The height requirement for A is 34" and below, while the B is over 34" to 38".

There's now such thing as a miniature pony. Ponys are over 38" and under 14.2 hands I believe.

How's that? :D

sewjoyce 04-23-2009 05:33 PM

Oh, Karla -- what a beautiful new baby!! And her blanket is just too cute!!!

Get some rest, OK???

kaykay 04-23-2009 05:36 PM

Hmm now wait a minute. I have many miniature ponies :) LOL. You probably knew Id say that.

Most of mine are registered both American Miniature Horse and American Shetland Pony :)

American Shetland Ponies can be any height up to 46"

Miniatures are a height registry and Shetlands are a breed registry

I know its confusing!

Kay

barnbum 04-23-2009 06:20 PM

But--the pony part and the mini part are separate.
:D

This is pretty confusing... but fluffbug--you ask questions and Kay and I will answer whatever you come up with -- Kay's been involved with this a LOT longer than I have though... I dabble--she's a serious show girl. :wink: But I'm here more often, so if you ask something I need Kay to answer--I'll email her.

tlrnhi 04-23-2009 06:54 PM

Yea, what Karla said and if they don't know, we will just GOOGLE it for the answers. lol

Kay, I knew you had mini ponies. :)

amma 04-23-2009 08:41 PM

Karla, I miss read what you posted about Gypsy and Mazie being the same :oops: Different coloring, but Mazie may be dappled like Gypsy, right? :oops: Thank you for posting Gypsy's baby pics....Way tooo cute :D :D :D

tlrnhi 04-23-2009 08:48 PM

Has anyone checked out Kays site with the picture of Moon Shadow? OMG, SOOO CUTE!!!!

barnbum 04-24-2009 01:17 AM

amma--Kay thinks Mazie is a silver dapple--which is what Gypsy is!! (Kay's good at color too :D ) It's awesome to have another dappled one!! :D
Ummm--Kay--if you have new Shadow pics--can't we see them? Ah hem?? :wink:

kaykay 04-24-2009 02:03 AM

The whole miniature shetland thing is awfully confusing!

I dont have new pics of shadow yet. Im hoping to get some today. The weather has been so bad here that he hasnt been turned out with the herd yet but today is his day! I do think Im going to have to clip the poor guy. Hes got such a huge winter foal coat and not shedding yet. It will be 85 today! and no rain yeahhhhhhhhhhh

Im pretty sure your girl is silver dapple like her momma but silver bay is possible too. Sometimes you have to wait for them to get a little age on them to know for sure.

Still wondering when Karla is going to come visit. You need to come visit during the Ohio World Show and then you can help LOL