Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Gypsy's ready! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/gypsys-ready-t19318.html)

barnbum 04-24-2009 02:51 AM

I'd love to help--but I have all these chores. :D

Beautiful morning! No wind--sunny. I let Gypsy and Mazie out for their first jaunt together while I cleaned stalls. Gypsy needs this for her mental well being. And it's always good for a new foal to have a run. All the other horses went out back so there'd be nothing for G to worry about.

It's the most gorgeous scene to watch a mare run gracefully around a pasture with her foal right in step at her side. Wow. I will never ever tire of seeing that. I got their stall all freshened up and them back in. I'd love to leave them out--but I'm not here to supervise and it's way too risky. Too much for Mazie yet. I'll let them out when I get home and most the day tomorrow though---and oh the pictures I'll get. :D :D

I slept from 10:45-4:45--ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh :D

beachlady 04-24-2009 03:04 AM

Mazie is so cute - have I said that before??? So glad you got some sleep. Looking forward to some pix over the weekend!

tlrnhi 04-24-2009 03:43 AM

Kay, send me a ticket, I'll help!!!

reneebobby 04-24-2009 07:32 AM

Just found this post and oh my goodness that is just the cutest thing I've ever seen. I've never ever seen a baby horse before and Mazie looks like she's mischiefess. hehehe

Harmony 04-24-2009 08:09 AM

What a little cute she is! I love her little jacket, and her tiny little tail just cracks me up! She has her mama's long eyelashes. Well done, Gypsy!

mimisharon 04-24-2009 08:10 AM

I am so mad at myself, I missed the WHOLE thing! hunf: I just can't believe I missed it!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :

Working on the girls dresses took so much time, then I've been so tied up trying to get workers for the Wounded Warrior Bike Run, then trying to do my monthly work on the LQS blocks, planting for the party (gotta have good looking yard, right?) trying to get more invitations out, I just haven't had time to read each post.

Wonderful, beautiful baby girl! Karla, I'm sorry I wasn't here to support you, see it was a rough time. Big hugs! Terri or Amma, someone email me next time one of them goes into watch state, I'll MAKE time to watch even if I have to sew everything by hand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

zyxquilts 04-24-2009 10:52 AM

Thanks for the pics Karla! She sure does look like she's gonna be a handful & then some :wink:
One of these days I'm gonna win the Lottery & buy me a driver ( :wink: ) to drive to see Kay & Karla's places! Hmm, maybe I'd better get a BUS so there's room for ALL of us!! :lol:

Celeste 04-24-2009 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by zyxquilts
Hmm, maybe I'd better get a BUS so there's room for ALL of us!! :lol:

That's the right idea!!!! :mrgreen:

barnbum 04-24-2009 03:52 PM

Mazie was outside for 3 hours today. :D :D .. I took a LOT of pictures... :wink: they will appear tonight--I'm really dirty and hungry... basic needs first. :lol: :!: :!: :!:

sewjoyce 04-24-2009 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by barnbum
Mazie was outside for 3 hours today. :D :D .. I took a LOT of pictures... :wink: they will appear tonight--I'm really dirty and hungry... basic needs first. :lol: :!: :!: :!:

Oh, gee, there she goes -- thinking about nothing but herself :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

We do really love all your pictures and appreciate the time it takes you to download them all for us :D