Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Halloween (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/halloween-t298686.html)

Nanny's dollface 08-05-2018 05:33 AM

yes, I decorate despite October being a month of anniversaries; my mom and first husband deaths, it is a way I celebrate their life by honoring one of their favorite holidays. last year, my courtyard was decorated with a theme of Game of Thrones. I made a plastic lawn chair out foam swords from a dollar store, inflatable fire breathing dragon, a fog machine, game of throne banner, candles, dragon eggs, etc. I even dressed up as one of the characters- blond wig, boots, and blue caped dress. we had about 200 trick or treaters along with their parents. all had a good time and enjoyed the evening. Not sure what the theme will be this year.

Jo Anne B. 08-05-2018 09:14 AM

I love Halloween and Fall, I decorate inside and outside using both Halloween and Fall themes. We also live in a newer subdivision with lots of families. We have Trick or Treat night or Beggars night on the 31st, most surrounding communities have T&T on the 30th, we get a lot of cars of probable double dippers. My new pet peeve is adults asking for treats for infants in the stroller.
A tradition in Central Iowa is the kids telling a joke/riddle for the treat, hence why we call it Beggars Night.

Jo Anne B. 08-05-2018 09:19 AM

Last year I made a rectangle table topper in a Halloween theme for my niece for her Oct. bday. I loved it! My plan was to make myself one for this year, doesn't look like it going to happen.
And I have way too much Halloween fabric. I love it all!!!

sJens 08-05-2018 04:22 PM

I am not a Halloween person so don't decorate for it at all. Do love some of the Halloween/fall fabric though.

tranum 08-05-2018 04:31 PM

I like decorating all occasions but hate Halloween. I decorate for Fall and that’ll have to do. I know, I’m a grump.

carolynjo 08-05-2018 04:32 PM

Here folks are beginning to REALLY decorate. It gets worse every year. That's okay if you like it, but I happy to just leave it alone.

luvstoquilt 08-06-2018 04:50 AM

I don’t do a lot of Halloween decorating but have pumpkins on my porch and a good witch on my door. I turn on all the outside lights on Halloween and have treats ready for the children that come. We have dedicated hours here so it ends about 8pm. I love the little kids and their costumes. I think I have as much fun as they do!

Cam's gram 08-06-2018 05:26 AM

I decorate for fall with a few Halloween touches. I did make a Halloween quilt! Love fall except it marks the end of summer.

sewnclog 08-06-2018 09:51 AM

As a kid we used to go trick or treating and living in town we could have over 300 trick or treaters but no decorations around the house. Now I live in the country; NO trick or treaters and still don't decorate and very little halloween fabric; some glow in the dark cats. A quiet time for me and that is ok.

lynnie 08-07-2018 01:41 PM

I have a cute quilt of different blocks, some from the board.
Most of them are appliqued. I love it. and some words too.
it goes up October 1st. I have some cute table runners. but
I can't find it.