Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Has anyone ever found a comfortable bra? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/has-anyone-ever-found-comfortable-bra-t125255.html)

cindit 05-24-2011 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by Lori S
I had serious issues for decades finding a bra that was comfortable. I could forget wearinging anything from Victorias Secret , as they only are useful as decoration. I can not tell you all the money spent in hoping each time I had found the right one. Finally one day I took a chance at Kohls on an Olga bra ( on sale ) . The tag that got my attention was one that said "most comfotable bra"... I thought what the heck I have nothng to loose in trying one more since nothing I had was satisifactory. I had a drawer full of failed trials.... It was LIFE Changing!!!! I will tell you it is underwire ... no molded cups....but I will tesify that underwire has never ever felt this good and now I hoard this bra ... as I fear someday it could become discontinued. It is soo comfortable and gives THE best support of any bra I have ever worn. One feature is the straps actually adjust to were I need them to be , since I am short( or they only make bras for taller people) .They wear well too , just don't put in the dryer. Give it a shot .. I have been were are.. wondering will I ever .. ever find the one!

ANd OH .. I did realize I was wearing the wrong size , I needed a bigger cup and smaller band size , that really soved the riding up issue!
http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/inti...estsellers/PRD~123628/Olgas+Signature+Support+FullFigure+Underwire+Bra++ 35040.jsp

They do have it in the stores in more sizes , but the Olga style number is 35040

That is so funny because that is exactly the bra I love!! I think I've bought 2 dozen of them!! They are getting harder to find though. I don't know if Olga quit making them, but I'm having a hard time finding them at Kohls. Of course, when you find something you love, it goes away!

CarrieAnne 05-24-2011 06:01 AM

I can never find a comfy bra!

Johanna Fritz 05-24-2011 06:03 AM

Fruit of the Loom - Fit for Me is awesome. I am a 44C, so I have tried them all. These have underwire support that does NOT bind or poke, the straps are wide, soft and comfortable. They will not slip. They have "elasticity" to them, but don't cut into your shoulder. The colors are endless. Their fabric is soft and comfortable. I am able to wash mine in the regular washer in a delicates bag. The hook and eye closure in back is 2 times wider than usual.

Best part: Wal Mart - $10 to $12.00 each.

clipper35 05-24-2011 06:24 AM

I have found it girls, the AHH bra, its the most comfortable bra there is, I can put it on and I don't take it off till I go to bed. I used to take them off the minute I got home I hate bras, but I haven't worn anything else since I bought my first one. I threw all the others away. Just type in Ahh bra and you will go right to it.

sisLH 05-24-2011 06:26 AM

My Maxine calendar says not to worry when your coconuts hang lower than your grass skirts. So I guess I shouldn't worry anymore-but if you find that perfect bra, you let me know. I have never tried a 'front-load', maybe they're good.

Becka 05-24-2011 06:34 AM

Never. I'm convinced it doesn't exist.

DogHouseMom 05-24-2011 06:35 AM

Ugh ... a friend of mine whom I see perhaps once every 2-3 years has NEVER worn a bra in her life. I've never asked her this quesion - havn't needed to - the results are pretty obvious. She always wears heavy loooong sweaters (I've only ever seen her in November in Ohio), but even through the heavy sweaters you can tell. They're down there by the waistband swinging to and fro. I have to wonder if she could toss them over her shoulder, or wrap them around her neck in cold weather. HONEST!! I swear, if her sweater was not so long, and it happened to ride up when she sat down ... well that's just more information about my friend than I ever wanted to know.

salsalady 05-24-2011 06:38 AM

hi needles i also wear the breezies. great bras. just have to make sure you order right size. lorene

mhansen6 05-24-2011 06:42 AM

I have a comfortable bra. It is from Victoria Secrets. It is a front closure bra. The straps on regular bras never ever stay put. This one is so comfortable. Body by Victoria Racerback Demi. I really like it.

catrancher 05-24-2011 06:52 AM

I like Wacoal, but they are expensive. I take good care of them so they last.