Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   have any of you decided to just go gray? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/have-any-you-decided-just-go-gray-t110451.html)

buslady 03-25-2011 06:13 PM

Just did! DH hates it, but hes the only one. i always loved my DMs silver hair, and she gave it to me. My prob is that i just dont care to spend a lot of my time on such frivilous things, so i was in an almost perpetual state of need for a color job. grey roots looked worse, so i finally cut off all the colored hair, and i LOVE it!

CarolLady 03-25-2011 07:07 PM

I have brown hair and have a small white patch in my bangs and some white strands through out my hair. I have told my kids they are going to give me a skunk strip through the middle of my hair. lol

I have never colored my hair and figured if I ever tried it would end up purple or something.

So I guess I am still waiting to see what I will do. I did walk past a lady with white/silver hair the other day and thought it was pretty.

A few years ago, my brother who is 2 years younger than me asked me if I colored my hair. My oldest sister and daughter said no she doesn't. He was like you sure? He has lots of salt and pepper. (made me chuckle)

sisLH 03-25-2011 07:28 PM

Well look at my picture and you'll know. I had a bladder biopsy and was told a main factor in getting bladder cancer is hair dye. To dye and die? I chose gray.

trisha 03-25-2011 10:09 PM

I had not seen my natural color since I was 16 years old, and never realized it was grey!!LOL
I have let it go this past year, and it has turned the frosted color the hairdressers could never get it. Paid way too much trying for years to get the color it is now. Oh well,,,,am enjoying it now!!!

akisan 03-25-2011 10:18 PM

I never colored my hair. It is now salt and pepper or maybe alot more salt. My husband likes it and he said he hopes I don't ever change the color of my hair. Hair gloss makes your hair shiny and healthy looking. P.S. I am in my late 60's.

trish b 03-25-2011 10:33 PM

I colored my hair as a young woman. My friend and I did each others. Then I moved away and never colored again. I am 67 and have only touches of gray so far.

sap 03-25-2011 10:39 PM

I like my gray and have never covered it up, except with a hat in summer.

jollyquilting 03-25-2011 10:45 PM

I love my gray, I dyed my hair for years blond, then I went really short because I have CHF and was unable to do it myself and too tight to pay to get the short hair done when you had to do right away. My hair is very silvery and I REALLY enjoy it. *

Butterflyspain 03-26-2011 02:42 AM

Go Grey NEVER.

Elle

watterstide 03-26-2011 02:55 AM

i am a red head.(auburn really) .and i have never colored my hair..and it is going gray in the front..alot.
i would be scared to color it..IF i wanted to. my daughter colors hers red..aand it is hard for her to keep up. for some reason, the color red doesn't lst s long as other colors..according to her.
by the way, none of my kids of grands got my hair color..must be true, that it is a resessive trait.