Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   have any of you decided to just go gray? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/have-any-you-decided-just-go-gray-t110451.html)

watterstide 03-26-2011 02:56 AM

Originally Posted by akisan
I never colored my hair. It is now salt and pepper or maybe alot more salt. My husband likes it and he said he hopes I don't ever change the color of my hair. Hair gloss makes your hair shiny and healthy looking. P.S. I am in my late 60's.

what is hair gloss?

sewingmom3 03-26-2011 03:08 AM

Originally Posted by sall
I was very lucky, as I was a natural strawberry blond, and my hair did not go grey, it just got lighter and lighter. I have never coloured my hair at all

That makes 2 of us. A few friends think I should at least put a wash through it, but I don't want to mess up my color(or lack of). I just turned 52 this week. My grandmother died from bladder cancer, one of the causes was due to the red hair coloring she used all the time.

Psychomomquilter 03-26-2011 03:11 AM

I have,

and I have a box of hair color that I am not sure I want to use or not! when we do go gray, we save between 5-10 dollars, and we don't have all those chemicals on us or around us. so yeah I am going gray totally...... and the 5-10 dollars can go to something else, could get a nice piece of fabric? the fat squares, about 10 of them?? my math, say about5 then... hehehe. and the list is endless!

cackie88 03-26-2011 03:12 AM

Never have, never will. My husband and I are both totally gray. Is very strange when his mother with her black hair introduces her son to someone. So glad I never started - guess it is impossible to stop.

Psychomomquilter 03-26-2011 03:14 AM

now if we are thinned siknned,

a young girl asked another young girl that I was sitting nest to asked her "is that your grandmother?" being I am gray!! now I could have taken that wrong, but kinda made me feel good( I am not a grand ma)
so the gray is in....

Psychomomquilter 03-26-2011 03:18 AM

well just remember the Bible says thet the gray haired person has "wisdom" so we are supposed to be wise, sometimes I wonder about me! hehehehehehe

Psychomomquilter 03-26-2011 03:20 AM

there are so many people that have gray hair and their hair is beautiful!

Hosta 03-26-2011 03:35 AM

when we went to Hawaii for our 25th I had a new hair do and lighter color and blond highlights put in it was the best my hair had ever looked but as I said at the beginning of the thread I am gray now and I am staying that way

Edie 03-26-2011 03:36 AM

I am grey/white on the sides and the grey/white hair looks like wings. I get complimented on it all the time, but sometimes (just before haircut time) the hair grows so that it looks like I am ready to take off!!!!!!

I was a redhead, but during the greying process it turned a little more blond. Hey, I'm 72, got a lot of trials and tribulations under my belt, so I am hanging on to every darn hair-white, grey, pink or purple! No, I won't color my hair. Too many people dye their hair and you know it is dyed and to me it just covers the years of learning and the wisdom that goes with it and I am really wise!!!!!!!! Edie

JSNOMORE 03-26-2011 03:40 AM

I love my gray. My hair grows very fast so to color it I had to retouch every three weeks. Decided to stop 3 years ago. Know I get so many compliments on my hair. Wish I had stopped years ago. I think its the growing out process that stops most people.