Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   have any of you decided to just go gray? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/have-any-you-decided-just-go-gray-t110451.html)

Robinmg 03-26-2011 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by nativetexan
yep, i'm white haired now. trying to keep color on white hair is difficult. i hate seeing someone's roots! so this is it!

That's why my hair doesn't take color well!!!! I am going white, especially on my temples. My grandmother's hair is bright white. I'm not sure I like that. Love the color of yours. Wish mine would be that color and not bright white. I don't know if I am ready to go white, will be 55 in July.
I am a teacher at a boys juvenile corrections facility and they can be a little matter of fact sometimes. I have been told several times it is time to die my hair. It's about time I hear that again--just waiting.

spacepegs 03-26-2011 10:10 AM

I gave up the hair coloring years ago. It is very liberating. Having raised 4 teenagers, I earned every single gray hair and I wear them like a triumphant badge. My grandkids are now giving their parents gray hair now and I'm lovin' it!

leaha 03-26-2011 10:18 AM

I uded to dye my hair when I was a teen and in my 20's, when I found my first gray hair I stopped! I love love love gray hair!! Our hair truns gray to soften the lines in our face, I'll take all the help I can get in that area, LOL I just wish my hair was even grayer

jean knapp 03-26-2011 10:31 AM

I am now gray. It took me 9 months and no one could tell since my hair had bleached out in the sun. I love it and my hubby says its my hair. It has much less body than when I colored itl But I really like it. I keep saying I am making a statement "Not afraid to go gray" while my sister in law has long blonde hair a tummy tuck and face lift and arm lift, now she wants a butt lift and her hands done., What ever. I am happy

Phyllis42 03-26-2011 10:33 AM

I colored my hair for 47 years. Retired, quit coloring, no makeup. More time for crafts. My mom had beautiful salt and pepper hair. Sadly I didn't tell her.

Susie42quilter 03-26-2011 10:39 AM

Yes, PURE F R E E D O M !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Why did I wait so long ?

:D :D :thumbup: :D :D

OraLee 03-26-2011 10:40 AM

I'm a hairdress and tried to go gray a few months ago and decided it just wasn't we, so had one of the girls at work make me a beige blonde and everyone loves it. So will keep it. Have to look good for the customers that come in that I do and everyone else.

Margie13 03-26-2011 10:41 AM

Yes, I also stopped coloring and now gray. My daughters think it looks better. Might as well enjoy. Look at the money you will save for quilting.

Marty K 03-26-2011 10:54 AM

I am constantly arguing with myself ab out just going grey.....but I always talk myself out of it.

Marty K 03-26-2011 10:57 AM

I really feel inspired after reading what you all have to say......I feel ready to take the plunge!!! No more color? Maybe, no more color!!!!