Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   have any of you decided to just go gray? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/have-any-you-decided-just-go-gray-t110451.html)

Bonbonary 03-26-2011 01:03 PM

I was a blonde for many years and now that I'm retired, I decided to quit coloring my hair. I found out my hair is a dull salt & pepper so back to the bottle! I'm using a light brown now and just a bit of the gray shows. It looks natural enough without making me feel too old.

booklady 03-26-2011 01:04 PM

Mine had turned grey/white around the front. Going from fron to back I hope, just like my mom's. Guess I'm too cheap to keep coloring it. Besides, it's the inside that keeps me young!

c joyce 03-26-2011 01:11 PM

YES and I love the freedom. My hairs grows fast and I never got a full 6 weeks out of any color job. My DH is not fond of the gray and and doesn't complain about the cost to have it colored/touched-up every time I turn around, but he getting used to it and knows that I'm set on keeping it this way so he'll save his energy for a fight he can win.

desertrose 03-26-2011 01:22 PM

I've been waiting for my hair to gray and soften my dark brunette hair. It looks like I must color it since my wrinkles certainly show my decades. I have a few grays here and there but not enough together to have a softening effect.

decky 03-26-2011 01:38 PM

When I first started going gray my kids talked me into coloring my hair. I soon got tired of that and let it go to the silvery gray that I now have. I still use a dab of the blue shampoo to keep the yellow out. I have had people ask me who colors my hair and I tell them the truth. God has been doing it for the last 15 years.

jpwagner 03-26-2011 01:40 PM

Having just finished chemo, I don't really care what color my hair is when it returns. Just want it back! But I think it will be gray or white and that is just fine with me.

Farm Quilter 03-26-2011 01:42 PM

:shock: Me??? Gray??? NEVER!!!

I have been playing with my hair color since Sun In in 7th grade. I've been blond, brunette and now I am happily a redhead :thumbup: Most people think it's my natural color and I love it!

Alondra 03-26-2011 01:47 PM

Yep, I did it years ago. I let my hairdresser color my hair, because she sort of shamed me into it - you know, you don't want to look O*L*D, or anything like that! The very first time I washed it, it felt like wet straw, and I said "That's it - no more fake hair for me, no matter how unbeautiful I look." If people can't bear to look at me as I am, then so be it. Meanwhile, I get compliments all the time on my real hair. Look around you at all the magenta-haired women and ask yourself if you've ever seen that color in nature. Don't think so! :lol:

gunny148 03-26-2011 01:48 PM

Dont think of it as grey...Think Wisdom. I do i deserve each grey hair on my head, lets see 20 years Marine Corps, 3 sons went to Iraq and Afganstan, 1 son Somolia and some other place 2 daughters..11 grandchildren

Valerie Scherr 03-26-2011 01:49 PM

After chemo last year my hair came in darker and grey but totally curly love it...