Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   have any of you decided to just go gray? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/have-any-you-decided-just-go-gray-t110451.html)

nclauri 03-26-2011 04:33 AM

I have salt and pepper colored hair. I stopped coloring about 4 years ago. At first my husband didn't like it. Now he does! He is totally gray.

teacherbailey 03-26-2011 04:33 AM

I played with hair color for several years in my 20's and learned what a hassle it was to keep the roots from showing. I am definitely still mostly pepper but the salt is visible! I'm 48 and love many people's grey hair because I think it speaks of wisdom and life experience....

hospicenurse 03-26-2011 04:34 AM

Originally Posted by Hosta
I went gray this year after coloring for the last 15 years I just got tired of doing it and the husband doesn't like the new me of course his is white now but that makes no difference. Have any of you given up coloring and do you like the gray and the freedom of not coloring every couple months

ABSOLUTELY!!! and love it..........I have earned every gray one and am proud of who I am naturally.

TJB 03-26-2011 04:45 AM

Yea!
I feel free, it did not look good at first but the past couple of years the gray/white has increased and looks better now.

tjb

jitkaau 03-26-2011 04:45 AM

Everyone cheered last Christmas when i walked into the room and they saw the grey hair. I coloured it because one side of my head was white and the other side quite dark. I decided to let it grow out after 15 years and it is all a silvery grey with one really white bang on one side. It doesn;t look so bad, so I encourage all to give it a go (saves a lot of money as well).

hikingquilter 03-26-2011 04:50 AM

Never have colored my hair. At 61 it's more salt than pepper and I get lots of compliments. Like Aurora said above, I've earned every single one of those silver threads! I'm happy with it.

justlooking 03-26-2011 04:50 AM

I have been thinking about going grey for a few years. My Mom had her hair colored till she was 84. Then when we left it go gray, it just didn't look like her any more. I probably won't go gray.

LindaR 03-26-2011 04:58 AM

Originally Posted by tutt
Yes, it's very liberating!!! I started greying at 19 and gave up coloring about 10 years ago and I'm 58 now. I think that the "beige" hair coloring everyone seems to be using is the new "blue"!

I agree with this...so many of my friends are half/half blondes now...I know a lady that wears hats every where and she asked why I didn't wear hats...I laughed and said I don't need to cover my roots. she laughed and took it as I meant it. :roll:

supergma 03-26-2011 04:59 AM

I have never colored my hair. I figure I have earned every gray hair on this ol' head.

anniesews 03-26-2011 05:04 AM

Yes, I went gray this year. Tired of spending so much money every six weeks to have it done. My hubby and friends all say it looks good so I am happy I did.
Annie