Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Having the lived in look in my studio I am not I could invite anyone in. Do you have friends come into your sewing area? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/having-lived-look-my-studio-i-am-not-i-could-invite-anyone-do-you-have-friends-come-into-your-sewing-area-t140140.html)

Jazzmyn 07-25-2011 12:36 PM

If I had room to move in my sewing/craft room I would have a party!! My friend comes over and she just shakes her head everytime she tries to walk in the room.

pab58 07-25-2011 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by grammiepamie
My room is the smallest bedroom of 3. I have a chest of drawers, a 6 ft cutting table, the sewing cabinet, a small round table, a 4 ft wide shelf unit, a stacking 6 drawer unit, a five drawer roll about. the closet is totally shelving. to roll about office chairs, 3 of 5 sewing machines. The room hardly has room for me to go in there. LOL I am working on different floor plans for it though. I need to add storage under the cutting table. Either that or have a huge room added on to the back of the house.

You sure can pack it in there!!!! :thumbup: I think I would vote for adding a really big room off the back of the house!!!! Wouldn't that be a dream studio!!?? :D :D :D

ube quilting 07-25-2011 01:50 PM

Everyone is invited into my studio. I don't let them go into my fridge. It's scarry in there!
peace

Neena 07-25-2011 01:58 PM

Love it when my sewing buddies can come visit in my sewing room...they understand and appreciate it!

MadQuilter 07-25-2011 02:19 PM

Only DH.

loves_2_quilt 07-25-2011 03:16 PM

People come into my sewing room by invitation only!

Mickie612 07-26-2011 03:16 AM

I have a sign on sewing room door that says THIS MESS IS A PLACE. So I figure that says it all. It really should be on the front door.

Quilt-Till-U-Wilt 07-26-2011 03:23 AM

My sewing room is also my TV/sitting room so I keep it neat. I tidy up after I finish sewing. I know Im strange.

Weenween 07-26-2011 03:49 AM

Originally Posted by mltquilt
My sewing room is in a spare bedroom and there is almost no room for me in there. Maybe some day.

mltquilt

SAME HERE BUT I DON'T KNOW FOR HOW LONG MY VERY SICK MIL IS COMMING TO LIVE WITH US SHE HAS OVARIAN CANCER STAGE 3 THEY ONLY GAVE HER 6 MONTHS TO LIVE.PLEASE PRAY FOR US.

purrfectquilts 07-26-2011 03:58 AM

I keep the sewing room neat enough for people to come in and they pass through frequently. But, it too, has a lived in look unless I am just finished with a project. I clean up in between projects. But, if you are working, how can you NOT have fabric, blocks, pieces, etc. laid out? But, I only keep out what I am currently working on. That helps somewhat.

Go for whatever works best for you and don't worry about it. (smiles)