Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Having the lived in look in my studio I am not I could invite anyone in. Do you have friends come into your sewing area? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/having-lived-look-my-studio-i-am-not-i-could-invite-anyone-do-you-have-friends-come-into-your-sewing-area-t140140.html)

purrfectquilts 07-26-2011 04:00 AM

Originally Posted by Weenween

Originally Posted by mltquilt
My sewing room is in a spare bedroom and there is almost no room for me in there. Maybe some day.

mltquilt

SAME HERE BUT I DON'T KNOW FOR HOW LONG MY VERY SICK MIL IS COMMING TO LIVE WITH US SHE HAS OVARIAN CANCER STAGE 3 THEY ONLY GAVE HER 6 MONTHS TO LIVE.PLEASE PRAY FOR US.

Bless you for being willing to care for your MIL and make her days as comfortable as possible. You will be glad you made the sacrifices later on I know. Maybe she would like to help you with some projects to make her days better. We WILL pray for you and yours.

sewing4kix 07-26-2011 04:03 AM

My sewing room is my front "formal" living room that wasn't being used. It is spacious and I've made a small seating nook in front of the bay window. When I sew not much slows me down so if you want to talk to me...come in and take a seat! It is organized but I always have a few projects going at once and don't try to hide the mess. People seam to like looking at a project in various stages and seeing how everything goes together!

Lindsey 07-26-2011 04:07 AM

My sewing room is a disaster at this time. I tried to get it in order but I have so much other things on my plate i'll never catch up..

romanojg 07-26-2011 04:10 AM

I guess I'm the lucky one on this one. Since I'm the only one who does any thing in my sewing room and yes, I can be messy but not to the point that I wouldn't want anyone in it. My problem is that w/daughter, her boyfriend, her 5yr old son and baby, two dogs who like to play and two cats who like to tempt the dogs so they get roudy. That is why until my daughter moves out (hopefully in a month) my sewing room is the one that is the less messy of all. Problem is; it's at the back of the house so everyone would have to go thru the messy part to get to it.

grandjan 07-26-2011 05:09 AM

Years of sewing on one end of the dining room table got me into the habit of "tidying away" at the end of each sewing session. I have a nice sewing studio now, but still neaten it up at the end of the day, and yes, visitors come into my room. Most of my close friends are also quilters anyway.

Maris 07-26-2011 05:35 AM

TV, computer and quilting share the same room. My husband looks in the room and says "that room is like a pigpen". I tell him "it is not your room--just close the door and don't look". Not quite a pigpen but close.

gigi10 07-26-2011 05:38 AM

My sewing room is just that.....mine. I have a sign that says Mary's workshop Creativity needs space to be messy. I have it hanging in the hallway just as someone enters. If it bothers me I clean it. DH will vaccum for me ever so often. There is an oversized chair in here and if I have sewing company we just get as close as we need to and sew untill we drop. If I am really into something, there could be dishes in the sink and some how the laundry causes a back up once in a while. Then I have to go do it...I am retired and I am not married to house keeping. I have a dining room table that I sew on. It isn't but a 4 chair size and we can get 3 sewing machines on it. We get together to sew and visit, not clean. I have a level and then it is time to clean. I discovered Flylady. com and she works in 15 minute blocks of time to get things done. I work on cleaning like that. Life is too short....I will be still sewing when I die I guess.

Vat 07-26-2011 06:01 AM

Mine is almost always straightened up and pretty neet. But probably could stand dusting and vacuuming most anytime. I have friends anytime they would like to come. I can't work in a messy cluttered room.

mhansen6 07-26-2011 06:44 AM

Unfortunately my sewing room is right next to our dining room with a sliding glass door separating them. So I have to keep my sewing room fairly neat. I want to put blinds on the door but my husband likes the natural light that comes from my sewing room.

Cassews 07-26-2011 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
I don't really care about anyone seeing my sewing room messy but it's the rest of the house- hahaha
The older I get though, the less I care :D

I agree there, but many dont come in as that is my sanctuary !LOL