Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   help needed for cleaning my black kitchen range (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/help-needed-cleaning-my-black-kitchen-range-t266695.html)

jothesewer2 06-24-2015 01:04 PM

The directions for my black glass top Whirlpool range says not to use windex as the glass is porus. I use soda and vinegar. Works great. Rinse and dry with micro fiber cloth.

MarleneC 06-25-2015 08:21 AM

I have a black range along with other kitchen appliances and I find like you that it is hard to get clean and look shiny. When the sun shines in the window I see dust on it. Thanks for asking how to deal with it. Am reading through responses.

showmequilter 06-28-2015 03:54 PM

I hate my Black stove.. just saying..It sure wasn't my idea to get it.. But i still have to clean the darn thing.. I use Vinegar on it and always dry it off with a soft towel or rag to get the streaks off of it... If I had to do over I will stay with white from now on.....

sjwnana 06-29-2015 03:29 AM

So far nothing beats...... L.A. Awesome spray cleaner degreaser from the Dollar Tree...
my stove looks like new...not a black one but gets a work out with the cooking and canning I do
spray and scrub if needed and wipe it off...........I keep a spray bottle all over the house.... wonderful
on stains on clothes.... cleanes black off thing on the porch in a flash... so far it cleans everything...
but I only like the yellow one... have tried orange and purple but they are not as good
and you cant beat the price so far I have not found anything it will not clean good luck

Stitchnripper 06-29-2015 03:57 AM

Originally Posted by marshaKay (Post 7235820)
WD40 is GREAT! The main ingredient is fish oil. Works like a polish on all kinds of stuff. Best for glass top stoves, stainless fridge fronts, dishwasher fronts, oven doors. Microwave doors. Not just for squeaky things. Best to spray on your bait too. Guaranteed to catch you a fish. Google all the uses, you WILL be astonished.
.Black appliances have met their match..

google helped me decide to use it on my stainless steel appliances. Just a tiny bit on cloth, don't spray on the appliance, and it has worked great on everything but the freezer of my frig. It is greatly improved though. I have about 6 different stainless steel cleaners here and none work. WD40 worked the best and I'm guessing it will work on black appliances too. As far as the smell, I am not sensitive to it, have no chemical sensitivities and once it is on the cloth, for me, the odor dissipates very quickly. No one here knows I use it because they can't smell it.

Stitchnripper 06-29-2015 03:59 AM

Originally Posted by sjwnana (Post 7241774)
So far nothing beats...... L.A. Awesome spray cleaner degreaser from the Dollar Tree...
my stove looks like new...not a black one but gets a work out with the cooking and canning I do
spray and scrub if needed and wipe it off...........I keep a spray bottle all over the house.... wonderful
on stains on clothes.... cleanes black off thing on the porch in a flash... so far it cleans everything...
but I only like the yellow one... have tried orange and purple but they are not as good
and you cant beat the price so far I have not found anything it will not clean good luck

It is so interesting that some products work for some of us and some don't. After reading on here how great that Awesome spray worked I got some and it didn't work on anything I tried it on here! Gave it a few tries here and there and then threw it out.

Oh, and WD40 takes grease stains out of clothes! Who knew. It worked for me.

Chasing Hawk 06-29-2015 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by Material Witness (Post 7235371)
WD 40. More like a polish.

I love the smell of WD-40 in the morning. :)

I use the stuff all the time, it works great on getting the nasty gunk off machinery.

mjhaess 06-30-2015 05:31 PM

I used Lysol cleaner. I put it in a spray bottle and always used it to clean my black stove. It made it shine..