Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   honestly do you like football? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/honestly-do-you-like-football-t96636.html)

Maggiemay 02-04-2011 07:37 AM

I LOVE football! We moved away from our families when we were in our 20's & when games were on my husband would watch them alone. So I started watching them with him & he taught me the game. Now I am the one who will sit down & watch a game more than him! I get so excited in August when the pre season starts!

Cyn 02-04-2011 07:59 AM

I could take it or leave it but my hubby loves it and that's all that matters to me. He wants me near by and that's even better to me! When he was active duty Marine and our kids were little- that time was family time so there wasn't time for football or golf. Now they are gone, he deserves the time for his fun! I'm just happy to have him with me too :) Thank you Lord for keeping him safe and giving us this time together! He'll do things I enjoy also and make things for my sewing room and do the math for my quilts!!! Oh and he doesn't fuss about all the cats and dogs :) He even put in another dog door last weekend- this house has so many of them-6 in all:)

Marlys 02-04-2011 08:14 AM

Love it! Mostly NFL because I know the players. The college players change too fast & I like to know who is playing. I watch even when DH is not home. My DD, a freshman at college, is the only girl to go to the lounge to watch the NFL games. The guys are amazed that she knows the rules & the players! One night she was the only Packer fan there & all the guys were Vikings fans - but they didn't give her too much grief!

amma 02-04-2011 08:45 AM

I follow my team and usually watch all of the superbowl games too :D:D:D

littlehud 02-04-2011 08:52 AM

I love watching football. I didn't years ago but 12 years of going to high school football games to watch my kids in the marching band helped my understand the game better and now I'm hooked

amandasgramma 02-04-2011 08:53 AM

no

nycquilter 02-04-2011 09:08 AM

I sure tried. When my husband and I started dating, he had season tickets to the Jets (also Knicks and Rangers). I accompanied him to home games for years and tried so hard to like them. I understand the games now, but don't get how to like them! I finally begged to be let off of accompanying him--especially because I would sit in really good seats (45 yard line, under cover) and simply go directly to sleep--I loved being a football widow. I LOVED it! now, though, with the new stadium, and the licensing fees of the seats, he refused to renew his seats--after >20 years...so he watches at home and I enjoy sitting by him, doing hand work. But no, I don't like football

Jill 02-04-2011 09:11 AM

I love football and will be sorry to see the season end. I grew up in a sports-minded family and that's all we knew. Married a crazy sports fan, had two sons who grew up to play sports year round, and both had college scholarships in their particular sport. One of them is now married and his DS started playing soccer in the fall.

The Creative Seamstress 02-04-2011 09:15 AM

H. E Double Hockey Sticks - NO! I just went on a rant about this last week with my husband, LOL. I only enjoy the superbowl and any parties I get invited to for the always ever present and delicious tailgate style foods, endless chicken wings, nachos and mexican taco dips that seem to always make cameos at these types of shindigs! So I'm proud to admit that I love the food, but not the football. I'm not a big sports kinda gal - there are only about 2-3 I like. On that note along the lines of the response I already posted, LOL, my husband knows that the only reason I'll go with him to a baseball game is for Beer and Bratwurst, Churros, Overly Buttered and Salty Yummy Popcorn, Corn on a Stick drizzled with butter and cheese and any other type of junky fair type foods I can get my hands on. Fry me up some twinkies!!!!

Explosive blessings, abundance and inspiration to you all!
- The Creative Seamstress

mayday 02-04-2011 09:25 AM

NO!! HATE it and bowls/cricket/rugger/darts et al !!!!!!!!!!!!