Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   HOTMAIL HACKER - PART #2 (With Update) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/hotmail-hacker-part-2-update-t38654.html)

butterflywing 03-05-2010 02:48 AM

i've been using hotmail. goodbye hotmail. i opened an account with google.
i totally cleaned out my old account.

beachlady 03-05-2010 03:53 AM

That sounds scary BW. Glad you have been able to resolve it - hopefully.

marsye 03-05-2010 04:33 AM

So thats how you bought all that fabric recently!!!!! LMAO

Chasing Hawk 03-05-2010 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by marsye
So thats how you bought all that fabric recently!!!!! LMAO

Omg, Marsye...LOL

Chasing Hawk 03-05-2010 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by butterflywing
somehow i squeaked through the cracks and got in for now. i don't know how without a password. but i don't know how long it will last. i'm going to empty everything and start a new account.

They still got your info, do you know if they have "invaded" anyone who was in your address book?

LindaR 03-05-2010 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by butterflywing
IF ANYONE HAS RECEIVED AN EMAIL SAYING THAT I AM IN TROUBLE IN

LONDON AND DESPERATELY NEED $2500, IT IS NOT FROM ME AND

EVERYTHING IS FINE WITH ME, EXCEPT THE HACKING.

SOMEONE HAS GOT HOLD OF MY HOTMAIL ADDRESS BOOK AND HAS SENT

EVERYONE AN EMAIL TO THAT EFFECT. PLEASE NOTICE THAT THERE WAS NO

PLACE TO SEND ANYTHING. I WOULD HAVE GIVEN YOU AN ADDRESS. LOL!!

I'M STILL NOT ABLE TO GET INTO MY INBOX AND CLEAR EVERYTHING OUT OF

THERE AND DELETE THINGS.

I'M VERY SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE I KNOW THIS CAUSED EVERYONE.

SINCE I CAN'T LOOK FOR MESSAGES, I HAVE TO CHECK BACK HERE EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE THIS WAY. SO ANYTHING ON MY INBOX IS INACCESSIBLE RIGHT NOW AND MAYBE FOREVER.

all our guild members got this to, from the girl that does our newletter so they had everyones email addy...got a second mail from guild pres advising NOT to send money :lol: Some people are so clever, not a good thing at times

Chasing Hawk 03-05-2010 06:32 AM

A forum my husband reads, one of the members got this notice about a friend and the guy was in the same room when he got it...lol

butterflywing 03-05-2010 08:09 AM

if anyone wanted to send $2500, they couldn't, where would you send it?

nursie76 03-05-2010 08:17 AM

BW I have used gmail for a number of years with no problem. No matter what you have to be soooo careful. Things look legit and then they aren't! I get so frustrated! AS you pointed out, there was no address to send money even if you wanted to...so what satisfaction do these idiots get out of it? Knowing that someone at the other end is tearing their hair out?
If I remember correctly you paid to recover your password. If this is the case, I would put a watch on my bank account, credit card or check card that you used....that may be where they get their satisfaction, from your wallet.

Best of luck! Sorry this had to happen to you.

butterflywing 03-05-2010 08:22 AM

i've backtracked and i think i know how someone got in and i'm thestupid one. i think i received a very official-looking email asking to confirm my account. they changed my profile to lock me out. i'm 24 yrs old, i live in idaho i have a brand new secret question to which who knows the answer, and i have no idea how i got back in, unless the hot people did their job behind my back.