Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   How do you read QB? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/how-do-you-read-qb-t247102.html)

QuiltnNan 05-20-2014 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by Kitsie (Post 6724184)
I click on "Archive" at the bottom of the page which brings up a forum list. Clicking on eg: "Main" will list all the posts in that category. The ones I haven't read are in blue. The ones I have read are brown. That way I can limit myself to one cup (large mug) of tea before I start my day!

i do just what kitsie does, even the tea part :)

tessagin 05-20-2014 08:49 AM

I'm just kind of all over it. I check most recent posts and scan on rest to see if I'm interested and no particular rhythm or rhyme.

NJ Quilter 05-20-2014 08:51 AM

I do essentially the same as you...What's New; mouse over topic and move along appropriately. If I have more time during the course of the day/evening I'll delve a bit more deeply into other sections. For me, the 'what's new' tab hits the highlights and I don't get myself overly engrossed for days on end.

slbram17 05-20-2014 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by LynnVT (Post 6723947)
I'm curious how others read this board. I mostly start at the "What's New" tab and scroll down for interesting topics, using mouse to rollover headlines to see first line. Then I click if I'm interested. Sometimes I go in by topic, like Mission Organization, or Resources if I'm in the mood for something particular. Problem is if you don't go in often, you don't see interesting things that have been moved down the line by new posts. Sometimes I go to a later page of What's New and work backward to find conversations that are of interest. Now and then I go to my account to see threads I've started or commented on and see what others have said about the topic.
How about you?

Sometimes I go to What's New and go to a topic I am interested in. Other times I go to Main and scroll down. I also like to check out General Chit Chat and Recipes.

lynnie 05-20-2014 10:55 AM

swaps
pictures
gcc
whats new
main

DebraK 05-20-2014 12:04 PM

I have Main and Pictures bookmarked for quick access. I read those daily, and then read General Chit Chat maybe once a week, which I access from the home page.

I also use quick links to see if anything interesting has been added to posts where I've made comments, or to answer any questions someone may have in connection to one of my posts.

ManiacQuilter2 05-20-2014 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by nativetexan (Post 6724051)
I just get into the Home page, read Main, then Pictures, then General Chit-Chat.

I do the same......but also look at what is being requested and what is for sale.

Doggramma 05-20-2014 03:24 PM

Main, Pictures, Introduce, General Chit Chat. I've never used the What's New, but that sounds like a good idea

ube quilting 05-20-2014 03:46 PM

Lynn, go to Thread tools at the top right of the page

open and click on " subscribe to this thread"

open and click the Add button

Then go back to the home page.

to find the subscribed threads got to "quick links" at top of page and click subscribed threads.

Hope this helps

ube quilting 05-20-2014 03:48 PM

Lynn, go to Thread tools at the top right of the page

open and click on " subscribe to this thread"

open and click the Add subcription button.

Then go back to the home page.

to find the subscribed threads go to "quick links" at top of page and click subscribed threads.

Hope this helps.
peace

EDIT: You will find that as your list of subscribed threads grows the threads will move up or down the list as other people comment. You can also delete old ones when not useful anymore.