Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   How do you read QB? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/how-do-you-read-qb-t247102.html)

Jan in VA 05-20-2014 07:17 PM

I scroll ALL the way to the very bottom of the opening page (or any page, really) and click on "Archive", just like Kitsie. I then open Chit-chat, Main, and Pictures on a daily basis, noting those topics that are blue and unread.
About once a week I read the other topics like Tutorials or Recipes or Introductions.

This Archive area has every topic posted within minutes of it appearing on QB, so I'm assured of being kept up to date.

Jan in VA

Anniedeb 05-20-2014 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by nativetexan (Post 6724051)
I just get into the Home page, read Main, then Pictures, then General Chit-Chat.

That's exactly what I do.

citruscountyquilter 05-21-2014 03:44 AM

Originally Posted by Geri B (Post 6723971)
I get the digest daily....so in the morning with my coffee I read thru that, each topic except vintage sewing machines...not of interest to me....then I will go to HOME, click on main and read any others of day that were not in digest.....cruise thru other topics to see if anything strikes me as interesting....maybe add a comment/question....then shut down and go on with my day.......

This is how I do it too. For a while a few months ago I was not getting the daily digest e-mail and was disappointed. I went in through the regular website but there is something about opening up my e-mail in the morning and seeing it there like a friend checking in. I'm an early riser so appreciate that it's there early. It is a daily habit for me. I have learned so much.

misseva 05-21-2014 11:29 AM

I get the Daily Digest and start at the top and go through each one. Sometimes I don't read all the posts but most of the time I do. Then I just keep reading each section until I get through the Recipes. Love it!!!!

Lisa Marie 05-21-2014 05:24 PM

I click on archive at the bttom of the main page and work my way down all the topics. Anything I haven't read is in blue nice feature.

Wanabee Quiltin 05-22-2014 05:45 AM

Right now I am only reading the Daily Digest, I just don't have the time to stay on the computer that long. I used to read it for hours but then realized I didn't have time to quilt and that is what I like to do most in the world. Some days there are far too many posts that have been there the day before so that makes a short day of reading.

Mariah 05-22-2014 07:39 AM

My way of reading is about as everyone else's above. I am not sure what you mean by "my account" so please explain. Mariah

jojo47 06-03-2014 05:56 PM

For some reason, I know longer get the digest....I get updates and read them.

ILoveToQuilt 06-04-2014 05:33 PM

Main first, then General chit-chat (love to play the games), then In Search Of/Yard Sale, then...whatever strikes my fancy. Occasionally I'll go to the online chat room.

LynnVT 06-04-2014 05:39 PM

Glad to see this come up again. Everyone's answers were as interesting as I hoped they would be. Thanks for all the info and good ideas!