Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   How many Iowegians? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/how-many-iowegians-t25350.html)

Jeri M 09-03-2010 01:50 PM

I didnt know this thread was started - I just started one just like it.....

I am from ALtoona - home of Adventureland

Rhonda 09-03-2010 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Lady-T

Originally Posted by oksewglad
DA and I are wondering---How many Iowegians are roaming the threads of this forum? Give a reply to let us know.

SE Iowa here!!

I'm in SE Iowa too. I am in Salem 12 miles south of Mt. Pleasant.

Rhonda 09-03-2010 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by Jeri M
I didnt know this thread was started - I just started one just like it.....

I am from ALtoona - home of Adventureland

We go by there every time we go to Des Moines. Next time I will wave from interstate 80!! LOL

Lady-T 09-03-2010 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by Rhonda

DA and I are wondering---How many Iowegians are roaming the threads of this forum? Give a reply to let us know.

SE Iowa here!!

We're neighbors! I'm in West Point!

roseOfsharon 09-03-2010 02:00 PM

Well heck! I don't live in Iowa~ :) But sounds really nice.

Rhonda 09-03-2010 02:01 PM

SE Iowa here!!

Howdy Neighbor!! Years ago we lived outside Pilot Grove. My oldest Sara went to kindergarten in West Point. They had an old house in the square back then ( has been torn down long ago) and she went there for Kindergarten and I think maybe 1st grade. Then we moved over by Donnellson and she and her brothers went to school in Donnellson. I have an uncle who lives in a farm house outside of Wever.

It has always struck me as funny. When we lived at Pilot Grove and then Donnellson anyone who lived below Houghton went south to shop. Ft. Madison or Keokuk. Anyone who lived above Houghton went north to Mt. Pleasant or Burlington or Iowa City or Washington etc. Never knew why! Just seemed odd.

Lady-T 09-03-2010 02:08 PM

SE Iowa here!!

Howdy Neighbor!! Years ago we lived outside Pilot Grove. My oldest Sara went to kindergarten in West Point. They had an old house in the square back then ( has been torn down long ago) and she went there for Kindergarten and I think maybe 1st grade. Then we moved over by Donnellson and she and her brothers went to school in Donnellson. I have an uncle who lives in a farm house outside of Wever.

It has always struck me as funny. When we lived at Pilot Grove and then Donnellson anyone who lived below Houghton went south to shop. Ft. Madison or Keokuk. Anyone who lived above Houghton went north to Mt. Pleasant or Burlington or Iowa City or Washington etc. Never knew why! Just seemed odd.

I've lived here for 21+ yrs now. Lived in Donnellson for abour 5 yrs prior to moving here and was in Ft Madison before that!
But I originally hail from Clinton, Iowa.

Small, small world!

ps...I shop Burlington or Iowa City.
(ocassionally Quincy) :D

Rhonda 09-03-2010 02:11 PM

SE Iowa here!!

I've lived here for 21+ yrs now. Lived in Donnellson for abour 5 yrs prior to moving here and was in Ft Madison before that!
But I originally hail from Clinton, Iowa.

Small, small world!

ps...I shop Burlington or Iowa City.
(ocassionally Quincy) :D

We ought to get together some time. I am doing a Quilt Retreat at Bentonsport on Sept 24 to 26. If you don't want to spend the money to stay you could drive over and spend the day with us Sat or Sun or both. No fees just your meals and bring whatever you would like to work on. I will probably do some demos if anyone is interested. I have 5 people so far.

johnette 09-03-2010 02:13 PM

I remember riding the Tornado at Adventureland more than 30 years ago. Is it still there?

Rhonda 09-03-2010 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by johnette
I remember riding the Tornado at Adventureland more than 30 years ago. Is it still there?

it is still there and growing! My DIL's mom lives in Des Moines and my son and his family go to Adventureland alot .