Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   HP Printer Ink (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/hp-printer-ink-t300015.html)

feffertim 10-07-2018 07:53 AM

HP has a program called HP instant ink. Its really a good solution. You never have to buy ink cartridges again, I pay $2.99 a month and they monitor the ink levels in my cartridge on line and send a replacement cartridge when the ink gets low. The monthly cost depends on how many pages you print a month. Its really a money saver and I never have to buy expensive cartridges again. Check it on their website.

Rhonda K 10-07-2018 08:02 AM

I participate in the program too. Ink delivered in a timely manner. The yearly cost is less than a pack of cartridges depending on use. You can choose different levels according to the number of pages printed.

cashs_mom 10-07-2018 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by toverly (Post 8139270)
I have used the refilled cartridges before and it sometimes seems like they run out faster. I just bite the bullet and purchase the HP XL cartridges at Office Depot. I am on their mailing list and look for sales and freebie offers. Last time, there was a weird little device that allows for controlling a lamp remotely. It might come in handy one day.

I buy mine at Office Depot, too. They send out coupons and specials.

nativetexan 10-07-2018 08:13 AM

I only use HP ink and never refilled ones. some people do fine trying other things though.

ptquilts 10-07-2018 09:11 AM

I got a laser printer several years ago and never looked back. One cartridge lasted me over 2 years, and I do a lot of printing. And it only costs about $20 each. Of course it is only B&W, not color, but that is fine for my needs.

meanmom 10-07-2018 09:26 AM

I have an HP printer. I got tired of the price. I bought HP compatible online. It was working just fine. All of the sudden it decided it wasn't compatible and refused to work any more. Of course this was the day I was trying to print out my resume for a job interview the next morning. Luckily my DD printer was working.
I now have mine refilled at Costco. They are working fine so far. Walgreens refilled them year ago, I don't know if they still do.

sewnclog 10-07-2018 10:47 AM

I have an HP officejet desktop. I have purchased generic (reman) cartridges and they have worked fine; got them from 1ink.com.

Irishrose2 10-07-2018 01:40 PM

I have used cartridges from ebay and Meijer brand (big box store). They all worked as advertised and the Meijer ones last an unbelievably long time. Current printer is a HP.

Onebyone 10-07-2018 02:02 PM

I have had several different brands of inkjet printers. The newer ones will not work with the generic brands 95% of the time. When I get low on ink I buy another of the brand I'm using and forget it. Download the Econo font. It will save you 50% of ink with each print job.

ctrysass2012 10-07-2018 08:00 PM

I have an HP Office Jet & signed up for the instant ink. Best thing ever. I don't have to remember to buy ink. It has been delivered way before I need to change.