Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Husband - vs - Wife (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/husband-vs-wife-t159831.html)

kellen46 10-13-2011 10:02 AM

I have always felt that fishing and quilting have a lot in common. We spend lots of time doing either, we have lots of toys and supplies to further our passions, we obsess over tirivialities...fly fishing at a lake vs sitting in a boat on the lake, machine vs hand quiting...arty vs traditional etc etc...They could buy a fish,but we could buy a blanket...just saying. (Please no posts about how a quilt is not a blanket...and a rainbow trout is not a sea bass.)

neeng 10-13-2011 10:32 AM

I hunt as well as quilt, and I love venison! Nothing better than a barbecued venison steak, in my book. Except maybe a turkey dinner.

But yes, take his time hunting as your time to yourself, that is always good once in a while.

edensgaite 10-13-2011 10:54 AM

"Why would anyone in their right mind take perfectly good fabric, slice it up in a hundred pieces and sew it back together".....not

FOR THE SAME REASON PICASSO OR DA VINCI TOOK PERFECTLY GOOD PAINT AND MIXED IT WITH OTHER PAINT ON A CANVAS.... TO CREATE.

(I ALSO THINK MANY QUILTERS ARE LEFT BRAINED, SO NO, THEY WOULD NOT BE IN THEIR "RIGHT" MIND)

ButtermilkMama 10-13-2011 12:18 PM

My DH does go deer hunting. He isn't crazy about it but our son encourages him to go, besides we like the venison steaks, sausage, ring bolgna andhot stix. He just has to walk across a small field and he is in his deer stand. It dorsn't get better than that. No white shirts and suitcase to pack!!!! Ha!

galvestonangel 10-13-2011 12:37 PM

The kids and I couldn't wait until Dad went hunting. As he has gotten older he doesn't hunt anymore.

My DD says it this way, men go hunting and I do too (only some people call mine, shopping).

Angellight 10-13-2011 02:37 PM

He needs to listen to Jeff Foxworthy talking about taking his wife hunting.
He'll understand why ten...

Happy Quilting
Susan

BellaBoo 10-13-2011 03:08 PM

I don't do anything differently when DH is home or away. I just miss him being here when he isn't. I do what I want everyday if he is here or not. And he does whatever he wants. We eat salads and whatever he grills if he wants to grill, for dinner, so no cooking unless I want to cook. He makes his own breakfast and lunch. I wake up he's usually gone, and when he comes home I'm usually gone. We meet in the middle most days. LOL

Peckish 10-13-2011 03:26 PM

I've discovered that if I encourage and enable his hobbies, he encourages and enables mine!

Peckish 10-13-2011 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by Greenheron

Originally Posted by SouthPStitches
Its not that I mind his absence, just that life as we know it comes to a screeching halt when Buck Fever starts. Yes, I cook vennison for him but I can't gag down more than just a little piece personally no matter how I fix it.

Garlic! Garlic & venison were made for each other.

Pot roast! Spread prepared horseradish over seared roast, sprinkle with pepper, pour on a quart or so of stewed tomatoes. Cook at low a long, long time. Cast iron Dutch oven works best. Delish! Even neck comes out tender.

Ditto! Elk stew is soooo good - make like normal beef stew except use elk meat. Add a bottle of red wine for the sauce & cook away in your cast iron Dutch oven. Put in your carrots & potatoes later, so they're not mushy. Serve with a crusty sourdough loaf and blue cheese sprinkled on top - oh YUMMMMY!

MadQuilter 10-13-2011 04:21 PM

My DH is into Astronomy and he can sit for hours looking at the stars. (My thoughts: Sitting outside in the dark looking at the same stars over and over?) I totally support him in his hobby in that I won't bother him while he is doing his thing. Now ain't I the good wife?