Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Hypnosis for weight loss (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/hypnosis-weight-loss-t252312.html)

BETTY62 08-23-2014 09:32 PM

I did try hypnosis for weight loss and it did work for me as long as I went to my weekly individual hypnosis sessions and listened to the follow-up tapes on a daily basis, however, it was an expensive procedure. When I moved to a different town where hypnpsis was not available, I gained most of my weight back although I continued to listed to the tapes on a daily basis. For me, I think I needed the the weekly one-on-on sessions with the doctor to make the plan work.

PenniF 08-23-2014 10:01 PM

DH and I went for smoking hypnosis 2 July 2013 - and after 45 years as smokers have been smoke free since then !!! I gained the obligatory 25 pounds - hubby has gained 50 !!! Went back to WW - which we did 10 years ago and kept allthe weight off til we quit smoking --- but now it just didn't seem to work....3 months, no weight loss. Could it be cuz we're 60 now??? Went back to hypnosis - STILL no weight loss. Very discouraged here....but at least we are still non-smokers - but now he's on BP meds because of the weight gain !!! {{{sigh}}}

Aurora 08-24-2014 03:27 AM

There is also a book out called "What to Say When You Talk to Yourself" that helped me. It is really about positive reinforcement.

NanH 08-24-2014 03:55 AM

I tried for weight loss and no success. I gave birth to 3 children and was wonderful, walked from delivery room. Successfully recently loss almost 40 lbs.on diet for type 2 diabetes, good luck

BonnieI 08-24-2014 07:50 AM

Yes. I did have luck with it years ago. I listened to a weight loss tape every morning before I started my day. It was about a 20 minute hypnosis tape. It just helped. I still had to diet
Bonnie

lass 08-24-2014 11:46 AM

I have not tried it for weight loss, but I had developed a terrible addiction to mini marshmellows. Ok, everyone can laugh!! I went to the hypnotist for two sessions and haven't had a marshmellow since. I had a very strong sense of them the first day or two after the first session, but then nothing and that has been over 12 years ago.

leighway 08-24-2014 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by PenniF (Post 6857380)
DH and I went for smoking hypnosis 2 July 2013 - and after 45 years as smokers have been smoke free since then !!! I gained the obligatory 25 pounds - hubby has gained 50 !!! Went back to WW - which we did 10 years ago and kept allthe weight off til we quit smoking --- but now it just didn't seem to work....3 months, no weight loss. Could it be cuz we're 60 now??? Went back to hypnosis - STILL no weight loss. Very discouraged here....but at least we are still non-smokers - but now he's on BP meds because of the weight gain !!! {{{sigh}}}

Penni,
From what I've read almost all of us in the US are deficient in Vit D, which is not a vitamin but a hormone. One of the symptoms is very slow or complete inability to lose weight. I had them check my D levels at my last exam and they were so low, they didn't even register!! I'm on prescription D as we speak. Of course, that still leaves me with a big weight problem and no desire to start my 5,498th diet!

leighway 08-24-2014 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by Jan in VA (Post 6855558)
I am a certified hypnotherapist and began by working for Positive Changes, then a leader in the hypnosis for change industry. Weight loss was NOT my favorite part of the job, and honestly I didn't see lots of success in our clients. The process was a long term commitment, attending a session every week, along with group class session on nutrition, etc., and it was expensive.

I'm sure there are many programs available now, including one-time sessions, which you can find. Be sure to check out the successes before you buy into them to be sure your funds are being well used.

Weight loss is such a hard thing for most people because it is all too often a deep emotional issue rather than a will power issue. I wish you luck with your journey.

Jan in VA

Jan, you continue to amaze me with your talents! I studied EFT years ago and at one time thought to become a hypnotherapist...using primarily to resolve past life issues showing up in present. I then realized it's one thing to be able to surface those memories and quite another to know what the best psychological methodology to employ to "do no harm" to the client. Glad to see you worked for standards in the field, which is now almost totally unregulated.

Jan in VA 08-24-2014 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by maviskw (Post 6857342)
I googled it and could not find "Mice in my Pants". There are a lot of articles there, but even though I put quotes around it, they could not find such an item. I did go through the video session, and thought it could be helpful, but I'm anxious to read your article.

Mavis,
Here is one link to the Mice in Pants article. There are other places it shows up as well.
http://tapyourpower.sourceforge.net/...case_1707.html

Jan in VA

PATTIESPEARL 08-24-2014 03:50 PM

WW is quite different now than in the past. I have worked for them for 3 years and have seen results that are unbelievable. It does not work for every one. If you have a strong committment, it will work. It is up to you. I live it every time I tell someone that they lost. It keeps me going too.