Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   I am so EXCITED! I just have to Brag! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/i-am-so-excited-i-just-have-brag-t34869.html)

lots2do 01-23-2010 04:36 AM

Oh, congratulations!
And thanks for the heads-up that all of this debating and arguing is for a good cause. Our teenager announced that he wants to be a lobbyist or a political analyst last night. I had a similar feeling - so that's what all that verbal back and forth was building up to!
lots2do

quiltnut4ever 01-23-2010 06:24 AM

Congratulations to both of you!

Esqmommy 01-23-2010 08:04 AM

Congrats!!! I know that's a big deal for her and she must be soooooooo excited!!! I wish her well...tell her to stay right. She's representing the public good now!

Chrys 01-23-2010 08:18 AM

How wonderful!!!!!!!!!! Congrats!!!!

Bevanger 01-23-2010 08:44 AM

so way cool. congrats

Lisanne 01-23-2010 09:15 AM

Congratulations!

Only, if you think her arguments with you might be over... just realize she'll become that much more practiced at them. ;-)

AtHomeSewing 01-23-2010 09:39 AM

Thanks everyone, we are so happy...just can't help it! She has always worked to be a public servant so she is realizing what she has worked so hard for.

Originally Posted by dglvr
...Yaaaa for King County....

Thank you dglvr, however not King, we live just north of King County line, in Snohomish County. So close that our mail goes to Woodinville, which is in King County.

Originally Posted by fabuchicki
Congrats! My brother is a prosecutor too and I'm really proud of him.

That is very cool!

Originally Posted by memathomas
... i have a 8year old adopted little girl the same way her favorite word are actually and technically....

It sounds like she's well on her way! And, she is lucky to have you as mom!

Originally Posted by lots2do
And thanks for the heads-up that all of this debating and arguing is for a good cause. Our teenager announced that he wants to be a lobbyist or a political analyst last night. I had a similar feeling - so that's what all that verbal back and forth was building up to!

Yes!! Keep it that in mind while he's "lobbying" you!

Originally Posted by Esqmommy
I wish her well...tell her to stay right. She's representing the public good now!

She's spent her entire young life doing pubic service, so for her this means that she is priviledged to continue. As parents nothing is more rewarding than knowing that your child has found happiness and fulfillment.

Thanks again to you all!

Esqmommy 01-23-2010 09:42 AM

Oh, and I have an arguing daughter. She drives me CRAZY!!!!!!!!! Do you mean to tell me there's light at the end of this 11 year-old's tunnel????

AtHomeSewing 01-23-2010 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by Esqmommy
Oh, and I have an arguing daughter. She drives me CRAZY!!!!!!!!! Do you mean to tell me there's light at the end of this 11 year-old's tunnel????

Indeed, consider yourself lucky! And, at 11, she's going to be "practicing" on you a lot more. Lucky for you that you have a legal education and can frame the debate! ;-) When she's driving you crazy, just remember she's honing those skills! :-D

Marcia 01-23-2010 09:50 AM

Congrats---you have every right to brag and feel proud.