Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   I can't do any quilting for a month or more! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/i-cant-do-any-quilting-month-more-t94720.html)

Kooklabell 01-28-2011 01:22 PM

Wow, one seemingly simple move and the shoulder gives out! Geesh. I hope that its not too serious and just needs its rest. Yes, a long time, but our bodies need to be pampered. :) Sounds like a good time to plan and visit LQS and touch fabric. Maybe buy some too.

Feel better soon.

Hugs

klgreene 01-28-2011 01:24 PM

So sorry, try to look on the good side, you can sit and read each and every post on here without feeling like you should be quilting. And you can still shop for fabric. Think positive....this too shall pass....and I do understnd. I had a shoulder replacement a couple years ago.

Millstream Mom 01-28-2011 01:27 PM

Think of all the time you will have to sit and design your future projects! When you're in "quilt-mode" it takes a serious injury to side-line you!

Deborah12687 01-28-2011 01:27 PM

Thank you all for the encoragement....just have to let it heal up. In the mean time I will be petting my fabric.

Deborah12687 01-28-2011 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by klgreene
So sorry, try to look on the good side, you can sit and read each and every post on here without feeling like you should be quilting. And you can still shop for fabric. Think positive....this too shall pass....and I do understnd. I had a shoulder replacement a couple years ago.

Guess I will have the time to read a lot on the board. I am hoping it heals up with no problems.

cherylynne 01-28-2011 01:48 PM

I've been reading the Jennifer Chiaverini books. They are about a a group of ladies who quilt, just in case you're not familiar with them. Maybe you could get someone to check them out of the library for you. When you've been sewing everyday, it is very difficult to stop something you find so much enjoyment in. Wishing you a speedy and full recovery.

tealady 01-28-2011 02:34 PM

So Sorry this happened. I can sympathise with you as I was in that boat a few weeks ago.

DAWNROBIN 01-28-2011 02:47 PM

Sorry to hear about the shoulder pain. It really takes a lot of time to heal. And I know you'll get restless from time to time. Pet your fabrics and make some great choices for that future quilt. My prayers are with you

Murphy 01-28-2011 03:09 PM

I am sorry to hear this. At least it will heal and it will only be 6 or so weeks. During this waiting time perhaps you can peruse some magazines for more inspiration; stay on the board more (smile); watch fun movies; read good books; talk and have tea with friends; get regular massages; well you get the picture. I hurt my shoulder once and cannot stress enough doing exactly what they tell you; if you do the outcome will be wonderful. Take care of yourself and ask for pampering and pamper yourself!!

KGoodhand 01-28-2011 03:18 PM

oh take care of yourself! That sounds painful!