Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   I can't do any quilting for a month or more! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/i-cant-do-any-quilting-month-more-t94720.html)

fabric lover 01-29-2011 07:14 PM

oh, I'm so sorry, that sounds very painful!

txwildflower 01-29-2011 08:05 PM

maybe you can just hand sew something together, while your resting. Hope it gets well soon.

watson's mom 01-29-2011 08:30 PM

I had rotator cuff surgery about 12 (?) years ago and it has never been the same. My friend had the same and she is good as new. Take it easy like the Dr. says or you may regret it. Your quilts will still be there when you are healed so please take care or yourself.....and that's my lecture for the day. lol
Please rest and get better soon.

madamekelly 01-29-2011 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by Deborah12687

Originally Posted by pab58
OMGoodness!!! :shock: That's terrible!!! :cry: :cry: I'll say some prayers that you will heal quickly. Be patient. Your quilt will be there when you're well -- which I hope will be very soon! :wink:

Thank you for the prayers that is so nice of you. Maybe it was a sign to me that I need to slow down a bit.

Or, maybe just be a little gentler with yourself?

Quilter2B 01-29-2011 09:48 PM

{{{{Hugs}}}}} sorry this happened. But think of all the inspiration you'll get from the books and magazines you will now have time to go thru :lol:

mayday 01-31-2011 08:16 AM

Poor you ,so very sorry ,hope it's not too painful.

JoanneS 02-05-2011 08:52 PM

Dang - the bad weather just makes things worse and worser.

Sandi Furtado 02-17-2011 08:53 AM

Hey Cherylynne, I am reading this series too! What book are you reading? I am on number 7 "the Sugar Camp Quilt."

Originally Posted by cherylynne
I've been reading the Jennifer Chiaverini books. They are about a a group of ladies who quilt, just in case you're not familiar with them. Maybe you could get someone to check them out of the library for you. When you've been sewing everyday, it is very difficult to stop something you find so much enjoyment in. Wishing you a speedy and full recovery.

Sandi Furtado 02-17-2011 08:56 AM

Hey Deborah, I am sorry to hear about your misfortune. I will pray that you have a healthy, speedy recovery. But maybe this is God's way of telling you to slow down and smell the roses. Take the time to heal properly. Your quilts and crocheting will still be there waiting for you to heal!

Originally Posted by Deborah12687
This really sucks as I dislocated my sholder yesterday. I grabbed my ice scrapper from the back seat of the car and I twisted the arm wrong and my sholder popped out of the socket dislocated it and may have ripped the miscus but can't tell if it is ripped till the swelling goes down. I just started a new quilt that I really wanted to get started and now I can't work on any quilting for 6 or more weeks.....orders from my doctor!!