Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   I don't collect anything.......... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/i-dont-collect-anything-t258757.html)

ppquilter 12-27-2014 10:29 AM

I think it QUILT Lab that hung little quilts from yardsticks??? love that idea!

Peckish 12-27-2014 10:42 AM

I seem to collect dirty dishes and laundry. Sigh.

I used to collect books, but realized after my youngest was born that I needed to downsize, so I kept my favorites and donated the rest. Same goes for the music collection. Fortunately I can get more of both in electronic form, which only takes up digital space. :)

Barbshobbies 12-27-2014 01:47 PM

I love the paper collection, can`t wait to tell DH, he thinks it`s just a mess. As I`m getting older I ask my kids what they want, that lowers some piles I mean collections. Last winter was long and cold here so I crocheted baby shawls and made baby quilts, that lowered the material pile, I mean collection. This winter I made 2 dozen neck scarves and took them to our family Christmas party and that helped. A family near by lost the MOM a few months ago, then the teenage son had an accident and broke both legs, and a few days before Christmas, his house burned down. I gave as many things as I could, (I only give new items) I feel these people have problems . Anyway that lowered every thing a little. The rest of my stuff is collecting dust, But I have plans to give more to a Christion Out Reach program.

oldtnquiltinglady 12-27-2014 04:14 PM

I collected Raggedy Ann/Andy dolls for years, but ran out of space to show them off, so the mood went by the wayside. I collected clocks 'til the mantel filled up. I collected coins 'til the GKs started coming along and gave them all away. Don't ask me if I collect sewing machines--I simply cannot pass one by in a yard sale or antique booth, so I guess I do. But I am becoming more discerning--at least now that I am on the QB and know what I am looking at, I don't just buy every one I see--I leave it there for the next collector.....

And, oh yes Miriam, I love the way you have those yardsticks displayed.

ube quilting 12-27-2014 07:15 PM

I love the way you turned your stuff into a collection and a cool display.

I collect dust.
peace

janjj 12-27-2014 10:10 PM

I too collect paper ! I love quotes so guess that is a collection. I love books and have bought many at thrift stores and have many from 'Simple Truths' they are great. My most prized collection is my music box collection. But it is beginning to look cluttered so I have not bought any for about a year and have begun giving some of them away as gifts. Have about 150 of them so really need to cut that amount back
I have also begun giving away other 'stuff'. Much of it I really do not need any more.

fayeberry 12-28-2014 04:48 AM

Love the way you display your yardstick collection.
I used to collect Bakelite cooking utensils. Have quit as I have more than I can use. But the thought that they were once used and appreciated in someone's kitchen makes them valuable to me. I use them daily.

zennia 12-28-2014 05:03 AM

janjj, I also collect quotes. I love to write them in unusual places.

Seaside gal 12-28-2014 05:10 AM

Patterns. Notebooks full of printed out on the printer patterns. Boxes full of patterns. Books of patterns. Patterns I absolutely will make hanging on my bulletin board. I am not getting any more. Well except for . . .

miriam 12-28-2014 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by Seaside gal (Post 7023925)
Patterns. Notebooks full of printed out on the printer patterns. Boxes full of patterns. Books of patterns. Patterns I absolutely will make hanging on my bulletin board. I am not getting any more. Well except for . . .

I totally forgot about patterns...