Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   I finally did it!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/i-finally-did-t57905.html)

litacats 08-07-2010 07:17 AM

my DH is always doing that but with a stanley knife I don't muck around I take him straight to er I rang them one day to say he was coming in and they said don't come before 5PM as the Dr won't be there to stitch it and I replied there is nothing left to stitch, he had cut of the whole side of his finger from the tip to the first joint, when we got there she said I see waht you mean. he is so well known in er it isn't funny anymore. he did heal ok after months of going to the dressing clinics. now when they treat him they give me the bandages and so forth and I treat him at home after the first couple of visits, I could probably get a job at the dressing clinic DH thinks I do a better job of bandaging than they do, I guess practice makes perfect and I have had lots of that. he took me in one day and they all had a shock cause it was me not him

Shemjo 08-07-2010 07:30 AM

Ouch! I fear that I will be guilty of that! I will take extra care to not join you.
Hope it heals quickly and you never even get close to that again.

quilterguy27 08-07-2010 08:08 AM

I don't have a ruler guard and I don't wear a glove. I am just VERY careful. Hope my luck holds out. But... if you want a glove, Fons & Porter has them. If you've ever seen there show they ALWAYS wear a glove while cutting. I've also heard of guards for your ruler, but haven't seen one so I don't know anything about it, but it may be worth checking out. Hope you are healing well. Take care of it!!!

lynnie 08-07-2010 09:13 AM

i can symphatize with you, did the same to the same finger on St. Pat's day 2001, it grew back snippede tip of bone off to.
Quilting scars. I told people i hd a quilt accident and they looked at me strangly. Second time i did it to. Ya think I'd learn.
get better soon

Nan Quilts 08-07-2010 09:53 AM

I just have two words for you..."cutting glove"! :lol: It's a really good idea to have the dr check it out for infection. Better safe that sorry! Praying you heal quickly!

Hugs,
Nan

Lyn 08-07-2010 01:35 PM

Been there, done that, got the tee shirt. How many times?

lnikkers52 08-07-2010 05:39 PM

I have written that i have done taht and im so afraid of the rottery cutter . i use scissors. takes longer . please be so so careful . I know that hurts like the blazes

starlight 08-07-2010 07:15 PM

I am currently healing from the same type of cut. Thankfully it is healing but it sounds like you might want to think about seeing the doctor. It is soooooo painful!!

JudithAnn 08-07-2010 07:49 PM

Get thee quickly to the dr!!!

craftybear 08-07-2010 07:52 PM

how is your finger today, hope it is healing now, does it still hurt and throb