Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   I have a needle in my hip bone.............. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/i-have-needle-my-hip-bone-t140119.html)

nursie76 07-26-2011 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by Kas
They are going to give you an MRI with a piece of steel in your hip? Not very smart. Are they trying to pull it out without having to do surgery? LOL. I would ask for them to remove the metal first!

That precisely what I was saying!!! I just said to my DH, good thing they didn't do an MRI, that would have moved it a lot! NOW I read, they are going to do it knowing that it's in there???? Yikes!!!!!!

Rusty's Mama 07-26-2011 07:31 PM

Oh my, sounds painful. Hope for the best on getting the needle removed safely.

Landers 07-26-2011 07:54 PM

Oh send the Horizon to me! Ha! Ha! Good luck on getting that neeedle removed! I wish you a speedy recovery!

Grambi 07-26-2011 08:30 PM

Good luck with everything. What a nightmare! As an RN, I can't imagine how someone kept that information from you. How unethical!

granny_59 07-26-2011 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by nursie76

Originally Posted by Kas
They are going to give you an MRI with a piece of steel in your hip? Not very smart. Are they trying to pull it out without having to do surgery? LOL. I would ask for them to remove the metal first!

That precisely what I was saying!!! I just said to my DH, good thing they didn't do an MRI, that would have moved it a lot! NOW I read, they are going to do it knowing that it's in there???? Yikes!!!!!!

Thats what DH said also. Will ask my doc because of that. But something has to be done. Even if they said yesterday that they dont see anything causing the pain I got up this morning with same pain as the last couple of days...............
Granny

zkosh 07-27-2011 11:42 AM

Wishing you speedy relief from the pain! Keep us posted.

Winkee 07-29-2011 04:25 AM

Good grief.

granny_59 07-29-2011 05:40 AM

Went for an MRI yesterday and got the results today from my doc: Nothing wrong with my spine, no disk lesion, no nothing............(thank god)
It is so frustrating to be in such pain with all of the docs telling you that there is nothing to cause it.

I will go a couple of days longer with pain killers and after that I will insist on having the needle out. Whether they belief it is the cause or not! Obviously they are afraid of it for some reason!?
Granny

nursie76 07-29-2011 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by granny_59
Went for an MRI yesterday and got the results today from my doc: Nothing wrong with my spine, no disk lesion, no nothing............(thank god)
It is so frustrating to be in such pain with all of the docs telling you that there is nothing to cause it.

I will go a couple of days longer with pain killers and after that I will insist on having the needle out. Whether they belief it is the cause or not! Obviously they are afraid of it for some reason!?
Granny

So glad the the news is good as far as there being nothing wrong with your spine, but I am so sorry that you are still having such pain. I find it interesting that the large magnet in the MRI didn't have any effect on the needle...hmmm....I agree with you that there seems to be reluctance on there part to remove it. I too would want to know why and what other options there are. After all, pain is your body telling you something is not right. Prayers for relief coming your way.

lauriejo 07-29-2011 06:34 AM

I wonder if because needles are usually stainless steel they are not magnetic? I can't imagine why they don't just remove though?