Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   I miss summer! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/i-miss-summer-t68402.html)

wvdek 10-05-2010 11:09 AM

Last night it was so cold in classroom, we left early, took over 1/2 hour fo rmy hands to warm up and me to quite shivering. They had the AC on!
I am sitting here with my little heater on by my tootsies, it is raining out, and a 'warm' 46*. I want more of Indian summer weather, not ready for cold and snow yet. Could be worse tho.

mamaw 10-05-2010 11:37 AM

I am in your neighboring state; and have to admit that I don't miss the wretched heat we had this summer at all. A beautiful day here today, in the 60's and I was able to spend a few hours outside doing some clean up in my flower beds and lawn mowing. Plenty more to do; but supposed to rain tomorrow and Thursday. Use all the rain as a good excuse to quilt lol.

ToucanSam 10-05-2010 11:39 AM

I do too, because I would have liked to make ONE more trip to the beach....too chilly now!

zyxquilts 10-05-2010 11:50 AM

one week ago yesterday (Monday, Sept 27th) it was 116* at my house. Today it's 65*. I love the cool weather, but anyone wonder why my throat is beginning to feel scratchy?? :(

Ditter43 10-05-2010 12:09 PM

We had a cold front come through a few days ago. The temperature is cool here for this time of year. Low 60"s at night and mid 70's in the day. I don't think it will last but I am enjoying having the house open and no air conditioning! :D

CoventryUK 10-05-2010 12:42 PM

You should come to the UK! We have all seasons in one day!!!! Blink twice and you miss summer!!! :-D :-D :-D

littlehud 10-05-2010 06:59 PM

I'm not missing our hot humid summer. We are in the 70s or low 80s now and it feels wonderful.

cindyw 10-05-2010 07:27 PM

Rainy cold days are the worst. It just seems so hard to stay warm. I would send you some of our hot days if I could. :)

Edie 10-06-2010 03:43 AM

We are getting down to the nitty gritty of Autumn now. We have our next door neighbor's Ash leaves - ALL OF THEM - in our back yard, which means raking and sucking up the leaves. Can't leave the leaves gather too long, because we lose the dog "Bombs"!!!!! Try sucking that stuff up with a blower/vac!!!!! The maples are beautiful now and the leaves are starting to fall. Soon it will become dark and desolate and snow will come and we will all be cocooned in our little homes waiting for Spring to come. We get the Fall cleaning done and then around November sometime we get the carpet cleaned, all set and ready for the holidays and the rest of the winter (snow does not dirty a carpet). Then in Spring after Spring cleaning is done, we get the carpet cleaned, but not until the mud has dried up,because mud dirties a carpet, the grass is growing and we can start off nice and clean again! I love our four seasons - They are so seasonable!!!!!! You say Spring and you know exactly what is coming and when it ends, You say Summer and you put away anything that covers your kneecaps and arms. You say Autumn and you put away anything that doesn't cover your kneecaps and arms and you rake away and compost - everything you waited for since Spring. You say Winter and you just hibernate and fight over the thermostat. I say 68, the husband says 74. I roast - he freezes! He wins, I lose!

I hate coats, jackets, boots, mittens, gloves, scarves. I hold off on my winter jacket (down filled, of course) until my nose hairs freeze in my nostrils. Usually around December if I can stand it that long. I'm the first one out of the jacket, like the first part of March - way too soon, of course, but I wash it and when it is washed it is packed away - then that's when it is the coldest!!!!!!! Only kidding! It's not that cold in March. It just feels that way. Why is it that 40* in February is so warm and 40* in October is so cold!!!!!!

Oh, yes, I miss Summer, too. Edie

Babs194068 10-06-2010 04:44 AM

Understand completely we have had 5 days of rain so far and it is still raining. Very dreary