Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   I need good slippers. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/i-need-good-slippers-t171645.html)

Susanna10 12-11-2011 04:39 PM

I have wore crocs for years. I have very wide short feet with high arches. I was having lots of pain with my knees. Now I hardly have any pain at all.

Originally Posted by Tartan (Post 4770490)
Have you thought about getting Crocs? They have many different style now. The real Crocs have good arch support and they last forever. I am using a pair right now that are more fitted with no holes and I LOVE them.

theoldgraymare 12-11-2011 05:42 PM

You might want to take a look at Footsmart.com. They have a good selection of the better (and more expensive) slippers, and good info on what conditions might be helped by a particular shoe.

barri1 12-11-2011 05:51 PM

I've been wearing LL Bean moccasins for years.. They have great support, so you might not need arch support.. I pronate really bad, and have been wearing arch supports since I was a kid.. There is a new ninor operation to correct flat feet.. My insurance will pay for it, but the doc that I trust is not in my plan..
Barri

miriam 12-12-2011 04:04 AM

Get real crocs - the knock offs aren't as good

Sharon-OH 12-12-2011 04:41 AM

My first pair of house slippers a few years ago, had real tread of them. Man, you could have gone hiking in these. They were from Lands End. Nice, warm shoe. Still have them but they have stretched out but are still able to wear them with socks. Then last year my youngest son got me a pair of Acorn's . They didn't come in 1/2 sizes, so he ordered me a 1/2 smaller, They have stretched out and just love them. Holding up very well and I wear them all the time.

Roberta 12-12-2011 06:01 AM

On average, my Acorn slippers last me 5 years and I do wear them out to get the paper each morning from the paper tube. I love them.

GrandmaSewNSew 12-12-2011 07:32 AM

I wear Acorn slippers year round and love them but they do not have arch support. If I needed it, I would buy a slip in arch support liner for them. As I'm home and wear nothing on my feet but these slippers in the house all year (adding wool socks in winter), they last about a year or so.

Peckish 12-12-2011 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by AshleyR (Post 4771920)
I'll have to get some for my hubby. He had the same thing (I'd never heard of it). Have you tried the off-brand ones at Walmart?

No. I thought the price for Crocs was reasonable. If your hubby has plantar faciitis still, he might look into Z-Coil shoes. They saved me. I was able to go all day long with those shoes on.

AshleyR 12-12-2011 08:26 AM

Thank you. We were headed to Walmart (and walmart only LOL), that's why I was asking.
He actually hasn't had any problems with his foot since he stopped eating meat.

Originally Posted by Peckish (Post 4774977)
No. I thought the price for Crocs was reasonable. If your hubby has plantar faciitis still, he might look into Z-Coil shoes. They saved me. I was able to go all day long with those shoes on.

Peckish 12-12-2011 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by AshleyR (Post 4775002)
He actually hasn't had any problems with his foot since he stopped eating meat.

How odd - I noticed I stopped having problems after I stopped taking birth control!