Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   I need good slippers. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/i-need-good-slippers-t171645.html)

AshleyR 12-12-2011 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by Peckish (Post 4775239)
How odd - I noticed I stopped having problems after I stopped taking birth control!

Hmm... might be hormone-related?

skate 12-12-2011 11:25 AM

I started wearing tie shoes a few years ago at the recommendation of FlyLady. I wear some decent Nike sport shoes and a pair of walk fit arch supports. It is a very clean,warm, comfortable to take care of my feet!!

CAS49OR 12-12-2011 02:50 PM

Thanks for all the suggestions. I like Nothinz better than the Crocs I have tried. I have wide forefoot, small heel, and also have plantar facitis. The problem with the Nothinz is one size is too big, and the other too small. Last time I bought a smaller size and my bunionette hits right where there is a hole so it is irritating.

I wear them year round, with socks in the Winter. They have great support, I guess my foot shrank some more since the size I used to wear is too wide in front. They are slipper style rather than clogs, which is great in the Summer.

butterflies5518 12-12-2011 06:21 PM

I have airwalks, comfortable, warm and pretty wine color with fuzzy fur, slip ons. I searched forever and got them at payless! I even drove in them to the company Christmas Party and had the valet person wait while I slipped into my dress sandals - he laughed at me! But my toes were warm! (ps all the parking was valet only)

sewingsuz 12-12-2011 06:24 PM

Crocs has a sale until the 14th. half price and free shipping.

zkosh 12-12-2011 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by JudyMN (Post 4770484)
I wear Halflinger (I'm not sure of the spelling). They have a wool top and very warm. Great arch support.

Those are the ones I like, too. I get the ones with the sole you can wear outdoors and they last forever. They sort of mold to your foot a little like Birkenstock. I looked for a long time because of my foot problems and I am very happy with these. Unfortunately they are pretty expensive, but they really last.

wanda lou 12-12-2011 07:48 PM

Love LL bean mocs.

patchsamkim 12-12-2011 09:08 PM

I have had Acorn slippers for several years...they are my favorite slippers. I have gotten others as gifts, but never wear them as much as the Acorns.

Peckish 12-12-2011 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by AshleyR (Post 4775269)
Hmm... might be hormone-related?

It's a possibility, that's all we could think of when my pain eased. Doesn't explain how it started, though. I've often wondered if it had anything to do with the fact that my feet grew a whole size with each pregnancy. :(

CAS49OR 12-13-2011 03:39 PM

I like the airwalks too! I used to wear the sandal type slip on, but Payless no longer carries them.

Originally Posted by butterflies5518 (Post 4776678)
I have airwalks, comfortable, warm and pretty wine color with fuzzy fur, slip ons. I searched forever and got them at payless! I even drove in them to the company Christmas Party and had the valet person wait while I slipped into my dress sandals - he laughed at me! But my toes were warm! (ps all the parking was valet only)