Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   I quit smoking! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/i-quit-smoking-t232216.html)

barny 10-11-2013 08:44 AM

My sister was in her 70's when she had to have surgery of some sort. She just asked her primary Dr. about Chantix. He just slipped it in her other meds and wa-la she has never smoked since. She doesn't even want one. Only when she is near someone when they light up.

CharlotteO 10-11-2013 08:55 AM

Happy Dance indeed!!! Congratulations on your willpower.

quiltsRfun 10-11-2013 08:55 AM

Good for you! Not only will this be good for your health, but think of all the extra cash it frees up to support your other addiction - quilting supplies. :)

EllieGirl 10-11-2013 09:27 AM

Congratulations! My mom smoked for over 30 years. She stopped in 1971. She's still alive and kicking at 98. Her dr told her at one point that was the best thing she ever did.

momto5 10-11-2013 11:54 AM

I quit when I was almost 50...21 years ago! The best thing I've ever done for myself...and the way it happened was funny....the patch had just come out, and my doc was looking for some patients to try it on...told him I didn't want to quit, but he insisted. So...after years smoking, four months on the patch and it was over...
CONGRATULATIONS AND STICK WITH IT! It really, truly, is worth it!

Jingle 10-11-2013 12:31 PM

I quit once for 12-1/2 years, was around smokers for about 10 weekends straight. I started back and don't plan to quit again. At 68 and being the second oldest of my siblings I am still alive, they are all dead.
Congrats to you, stay away from smokers and never try just one.

bjrusty 10-11-2013 12:40 PM

I quit to, Halloween will be a year for me. Can't beleive I've made it. I used Commit nicotine lozengers. So I splurged, went and got myself a new sewingmachine, a Viking Eden Rose 250. Love it and alot better than cigs. lol Barb

decky 10-11-2013 03:46 PM

Good for you!! I was a smoker and I know how hard it is to quit.

Pat in MN

drgranny 10-11-2013 03:57 PM

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! I have been quit for about 25yrs, after "quitting many times. I quit with prayer and cold turkey!!! I every once in a while see someone driving and smoking and think, I could do that. Then I really chastise myself!!!! Other than that I have never wanted to start again. I smoked a pak a day. At my worst I smoked 3 pk a day for about 6 mo. I can't stand cigarette smoke now and someone who reeks of it almost makes me sick. I often wonder if I used to smell that way. Probably did.

0tis 10-11-2013 04:39 PM

Congratulations - you deserve to treat yourself. I quilt about 12 yrs ago - It was really rough - so I understand what an achievement this is - now think of all that money you will save so you can buy more fabric.