Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   I think I may cry (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/i-think-i-may-cry-t103793.html)

Bonnie P 03-01-2011 05:27 PM

My Magic Box won't work with Vista but works great on XP.
Drives me mad and they don't seem to have a remedy for the problem.

vwquilting 03-01-2011 06:26 PM

Even Vista knows they have major problems

argranny 03-01-2011 06:33 PM

don't know what kind of mashine you have but my bernina needed a patch for vista to work, I went and got me a laptop with windows 7 on it before I found that out and my SIL had it put on her's and it worked fine on her's with the patch. it was a free patch from bernina.

EllijaysUFOqueen 03-01-2011 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by PaperPrincess
My embroidery software will not work with Vista or Windows 7. I had to load it on an old laptop. It does what I want. I really don't want to spend hundreds of dollars on a new version. Might look into Embird.

Same problem with embroidery software for me. Now do I want to invest to update embroidery or?? Sigh...........

p38flygirl 03-01-2011 07:21 PM

you may need windows xp for the embroidery softwear to work..

aggiebears 03-01-2011 07:56 PM

I don't feel this strongly about many things but Vista STINKS. I finally couldn't take it anymore and gave my computer to my son, got a laptop with Windows 7.

biscuitqueen 03-01-2011 08:46 PM

Your computer needs to down load your printer again. So it can read it. The same might be true with your emb. mechine

raksmum 03-01-2011 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by PaperPrincess
My embroidery software will not work with Vista or Windows 7. I had to load it on an old laptop. It does what I want. I really don't want to spend hundreds of dollars on a new version. Might look into Embird.

Check the website for your specific embroidery machine. I had the same problem when my new lap top had windows 7 on it. There was an update to load for my embroidery machine to make it work with windows 7

rob529 03-01-2011 10:11 PM

Did you reload your printer and enbroidery software?
Robin in TX

JLMiller 03-01-2011 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by many craft person
or scream - My computer crashed, son fixed it and loaded Vista on it. Now I can't get my printers to work, or my embroidery machine - I have gone crazy trying to find a cure. Maybe he will see if he can. I guess he just thought it would work

OMG.. I sooo feel for you.... mine did thata about 9 months ago.. took a bout 3 months to get a new puter.. then another month to get my printer to work.. once all that was fixed.. couldn't get my embroidery patterns back loaded.. at least the ones I still had... lost 1000's sniff sniff... sooo finally got a new laptop 4 just them n my scrapbooking... no no one will be able to get into them but me... lol... wooo hooo.. my sil put patterns on it so now I back up to over 25000 different emb patterns... soo excited to be able to do them again.. sooo good luck...