Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   I think I may cry (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/i-think-i-may-cry-t103793.html)

nabobw 03-01-2011 06:30 AM

Have him load windows 7. Much better then Vista. I couldn't get my embroidery program to compelely load in vista but had no porblem with 7

many craft person 03-01-2011 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by nabobw
Have him load windows 7. Much better then Vista. I couldn't get my embroidery program to compelely load in vista but had no porblem with 7

I don't know what on earth made him load Vista anyway. He said himself some time ago he did not like it.

bamamama 03-01-2011 06:57 AM

I'm afraid we're becomming way too dependent on our computers. I'm holding my breath. Not sure I could function if my computer crashed!

Izaquilter 03-01-2011 07:33 AM

I use a Vista lap top for my embroidery machine & I have had no problems. Check with your quilt shop & they can give you pointers. Mine said to turn off the firewall which my DH must have done because he got it going on his own, without any instructions from the quilt shop. Just a little niche & you'll be sewing in no time!

OmaForFour 03-01-2011 07:56 AM

I would load Windows 7 and forget about the Vista. You may have to update some of the drivers for some programs when you do but it will be worth it.

Don't be shy about asking for help from the Microsoft people. They are very good. I had a few problems and they were solved quickly with info from them.

Also, if you have the opportunity to do live chats with technicians while doing this, use it! They will answer all your little "in between" questions that come up and even send you a copy transcript of the conversation. Just ask them and they will do it.

Good luck with everything.

jad1044 03-01-2011 08:57 AM

Vista can mess up a lot of things... if you can find Windows 7 - go for it! It is much better.........

Bernie942 03-01-2011 09:26 AM

Was forewarned by my computer geek buddy that Vista was a bust, so didn't bother with it at all. My windows version is way outdated but I can still do anything I want on my pc. As long as it serves my purposes I'm not messin with it.

suesembroidery 03-01-2011 11:18 AM

Go to the web site and see if you can download a fix. That is what I did and all works. Well, I do have to admit, my son did it for me. But, they have the updates for the Vista

winterfun 03-01-2011 11:29 AM

I had to call brother for a link to get a update driver for my machine when I updated my computer to windows 7 all works great now so I would start by checking on the websites for update drivers etc. before throwing in the towel.

Quiltbeagle 03-01-2011 01:00 PM

I had Vista after my Windows XP crashed and I HATED IT! Nothing worked with it and it was soooo slow. I now have a new computer with Windows 7 that is such a better operating system and everything I have works with it.