Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   If You Have Satellite Radio In Your Vehicle, Do You Like It? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/if-you-have-satellite-radio-your-vehicle-do-you-like-t252166.html)

solstice3 08-21-2014 06:34 PM

I loved it for book radio. Heard some great books. They did away with it. Now I listen to radio classics. However, won't renew in the future. I would rather spend the money on quilting supplies.

Retiredandquilting 08-22-2014 03:09 AM

I have a 2012 Kia Soul that also came with satellite radio. I love it. I have had no trouble with it. Reception is fine whether I am driving in the city or on rural roads.

gramma nancy 08-22-2014 03:53 AM

Just this week, we renewed for a year at a little over $11/mon. for music only. No talk radio. I think we get about 80 stations. Love it.

LilaKay 08-22-2014 04:14 AM

Love our Sirius radio...got a lifetime subscription in our Expedition when we bought it...we travel a lot and listen to it all the time

nstitches4u 08-22-2014 10:53 AM

We just bought a new Ford Fusion. We have Sirius radio in it because it is free for a few months. My Escape that we bought last year had Sirius free for 6 months. We didn't renew because Sirius discontinued MLB. We like to listen to the Royals baseball games. We have a USB port in the console. We load our favorite music onto a flash drive and play mp3's. We get to choose what we want to hear and there are no commercials.

Rann 08-22-2014 07:22 PM

I have it and I listen to 50's music whenever I am in my vehicle. I bought a lifetime subscription,

Deb watkins 08-23-2014 03:11 PM

Sirius on the Dish TV.....love it!

KathyM 08-23-2014 04:56 PM

I love my Sirius -it does stop in the garage because it's not getting a signal. Driving in my area there is no fading. I guess the only thing I kinda miss is the weather, if some storm is heading in I would like to know about it.

romanojg 08-26-2014 06:13 AM

I have it but don't use it. I renewed once after the trial period but for me its not worth it. When I'm in my local area I listen to local channels to know what's happening. My car has a hard drive so I've put all of my CDs on it so when I'm in an area with poor reception I put it on. The traffic update to me isn't worth it because it only shows what's been reported so most of the time when I was stuck in traffic it didn't show what was going on. I could pull up the 5 day forcast but I can do that on my cell phone. Without it I can still do the POI and use the GPS so for me it was a waste of money.

romanojg 08-26-2014 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by nstitches4u (Post 6855474)
We just bought a new Ford Fusion. We have Sirius radio in it because it is free for a few months. My Escape that we bought last year had Sirius free for 6 months. We didn't renew because Sirius discontinued MLB. We like to listen to the Royals baseball games. We have a USB port in the console. We load our favorite music onto a flash drive and play mp3's. We get to choose what we want to hear and there are no commercials.

Check your Fusion, I have the 2010 and it has a hard drive where I loaded all of my CD's in it and can access it anytime and my CD's stay at home. I love that about it. If I'm waiting in the car for something and my car is in park I can also watch TV, my grandkids love that.