Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: If You Have Satellite Radio In Your Vehicle, Do You Like It?

If You Have Satellite Radio In Your Vehicle, Do You Like It?

I just bought a 2015 Kia Soul with satellite radio. I've never had it before and I'm enjoying using it now. I thought I would poll the group to help me decide whether I want to buy a subscription when my trial expires in 3 months. I've only noticed one drawback, the radio fades out in certain areas of town. Thanks for your input.
    Everyone can't be Irish, somebody has to drive.

We have Serius in both vehicles. Great to have so many choices of channels. We haven't had issues with reception.
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

Welcome to the "Soul" group. I bought mine last yr & never renewed. I'm just not on the road to justify, so just listen to Sirius on Dish tv. Don't you just love your Soul? I do mine but really don't like the 'flat butt' but that's how it was made, soooo…. I bought a Forte in 2013 but traded it in because it was too low to the ground & hard to get in & out. I'm not a small person & if anything every happened to a hip or leg, it would've been hard to enter & exit..
    ~ I'm a Blessed Nanna to 2 Grandsons & 5 Granddaughters & 1 grandson in law ~
    ~ I'm a Blessed Mom to DS & DDIL, DD & DSIL ~
    ~ Mom to 1 black beauty now ~ Daisy ~
    ~ God Bless the USA ~ God Bless Our Troops ~

We have Sirius in our car and it fades out under overpasses and when we pull into the garage. Love all the variety available. Might be a good thing to put in my sewing room. Hmmm....

My best friend enjoys listening to the comic station to unwind on his way home. I have a neighbor who has the music in her home, Pandora but if I had better speakers, I would probably subscribe.
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

Quote Originally Posted by Amarillo19 View Post
    We have Sirius in our car and it fades out under overpasses and when we pull into the garage. Love all the variety available. Might be a good thing to put in my sewing room. Hmmm....
    I recently renewed my XM radio and found out that now there is an app for my iPhone so I can listen to XM anywhere. There's a tab to listen on your computer too. http://www.siriusxm.com/

My DH and I are big NASCAR fans. Sirius or XM are the only systems we can get our "fix" on, so we will never let our subscriptions expire. I wish they would quit going up. It's over $200 a year per vehicle now. Started out about $50 about 10 years ago. Maybe that was a special. Too long ago to remember.
    Sew a Little, Love a Lot & Live like you were dying!

I'm afraid that you're probably hooked. After my 3-month free trial ran out, I thought I could live without it as I only drive 3.1 miles to work (garage to parking space). Well, after a few days of only hearing commercials and stupid chatter all the way in (the whole 5 minutes!), I called and renewed. I'm fortunate enough that I very rarely hit a dead spot. I love being able to choose my music and not having all of that disc jokey yapping going on!! It's also great on a trip - you never have to search for radio stations. As far as price, there are different plans. I paid under $10 a month last time - well worth it to me.
    Debbie in Kentucky
    kydeb.wordpress.com

Blog Entries
    Love the 50's and 60's radio on my Sirius radio in the car. It only fades out at underpasses, at the bank and at the gas station, but I sing along with the tunes all by myself. Gotta have a sense of humor, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by ljptexas View Post
    Welcome to the "Soul" group. I bought mine last yr & never renewed. I'm just not on the road to justify, so just listen to Sirius on Dish tv. Don't you just love your Soul? I do mine but really don't like the 'flat butt' but that's how it was made, soooo…. I bought a Forte in 2013 but traded it in because it was too low to the ground & hard to get in & out. I'm not a small person & if anything every happened to a hip or leg, it would've been hard to enter & exit..

Yes. I do love my new Soul. It's certainly an upgrade from my basic Toyota that I traded in.

I think I'm going to have to keep the fancy radio. It certainly is addictive. I do spend quite a bit of time in the car. It takes me at least 30 minutes to get to work in the morning and some days I go home at lunch to check on the dog. I can log a few miles on my car in a day.

Thanks for your help everyone.
    Everyone can't be Irish, somebody has to drive.

I spend a lot of time on the road. I love my radio! I have the app for my Iphone and the Ipad. I love to listen to Dr. laura. Lots of great station opp. I listen to Fox but when my brain cant take the "news" , back to my music! Expensive? Sadly, yes BUT i am in my car a lot AND i figure that since I have not had a decent vacation in years, WTHeck. My DH has it too.

It "fades" under overpasses, parking garages, etc because the RADIO satellite signal is blocked. It is what it is. Not a defect.

Sandy
    Sandygirl

Janome 9900 / Janome 9700 / Janome 3160 QVC/ Janome 1100D serger, Juki 2020 Mini
    Singer Centennial model (inherited from my late, fav aunt!)

does anyone know if you can buy the satelite radio for your car and have the satellite radio in the home and listen to your subscription in the house as well your car?
    Pam H.

"Those that mind, don't matter and those that matter don't mind" ~ Dr. Seuss

I'm hooked. Like KyDeb, I only drive about 10 minutes to work but I love listening to Classic Rock and Deep Tracks. Satellite radio is one of my guilty pleasures and worth every penny. Enjoy!
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

The local radio offerings here are dismal. I love my XM radio, listen to some of the talk stations, comedy stations and oldies. We travel some and enjoy listening to NCAA football and baseball on our radio. It's definitely worth it for me.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    I love the bluegrass station on xm. Wouldn't do without it.

Quote Originally Posted by pamesue View Post
    does anyone know if you can buy the satelite radio for your car and have the satellite radio in the home and listen to your subscription in the house as well your car?
    I have it in my home but not in my car I love it I think you can have it both in a car and your home but I think you need a different one for the car I don't think you can take the unit from your home and hook it up in the car my unit is due for a new upgrade have this one about 10 yrs on my list next January when this subscribtion ends i'll renew and get a newer unit my favorite is 60s and I like the spa channel heck theres a lot I love having it

if you love it, ask if they still do lifetime subscriptions. My husband has it on both of his vehicles. We transferred the first one to the new car, I 'think' they said the lifetime sub he got on his pickup was not transferrable to another vehicle.

I don't really have an opinion, if we are traveling together in his vehicles the radio is off and we are visiting, so I don't know much about the service itself.

My car had Sat radio when I got it but I let the subscription lapse. With my ipod hookup, I didn't really listen to it.
    Patrice S

Bernina Artista 180, Singer 301a, Featherweight Centennial, Rocketeer, Juki 2200 QVP Mini, White 1964 Featherweight

I love satellite radio! I'm totally hooked? So many options and the quality is amazing!

Just renewed with a two year package. I love it!

I really liked it but it is $15.95 a month (Ontario, Canada) to renew it so I didn't bother.
    Shelbie from the High County in Southern Ontario

My Volvo came with Sirius too and I find that I can't live with out it. I love the classic radio show and I love Talk Radio - where I live you can't get regular radio because I am so far in the boonies - when I go to town (its about 60+ miles one way) I listen and my trip is much more enjoyable - I will keep it as long as I can.

I had it on my new Ford Fusion for free for 6 months, but I did not opt in for additional time. I really only listened to a couple of the additional stations and for me, it was not worth the additional cost. I know that other just love this option.

I had it in my Explorer and negotiated a better price when I went to cancel after the initial subscription expired. But I'm not in the car long enough or often enough to justify the expense. My dh has it in his truck and that is excessive because he doesn't drive over a couple of hours a month. But they will negotiate on monthly rates. He never pays the full subscription price, they hate to lose customers.

Blog Entries
    I bought Sirius, especially for the Elvis station and I love it. Now I go back and forth with Elvis and the 50's. Love singing along with MY music.

No, my car has it but I don't use it. I suppose it's "had" it now, just passed my 1 year anniversary of buying the car so I'm sure it's expired now.

My car can stream Pandora (internet radio) from my phone - I pay for Pandora already because DH & I listen to it at home all the time, and now I can pull it into my car too. It uses data time up for the phone, but with the plan DH & I have we don't use all our allowance each month anyway so it's a non-issue. It's great - I just punch a button on my car's screen to launch it, I can skip tracks and change stations all I want, and it never fades out.

I do love technology sometimes. And I love my magical little rocket-car.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast