Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
If You Have Satellite Radio In Your Vehicle, Do You Like It? >

If You Have Satellite Radio In Your Vehicle, Do You Like It?

If You Have Satellite Radio In Your Vehicle, Do You Like It?

Old 08-26-2014, 07:01 AM

How interesting this thread is......no I do not have satellite radio in my car, home, ear, whatever.........not in car long enough on regular trips to warrant " paying for" radio, and when doing road trips will go to library and take out an audio book or two....yes, I have an iPhone-have for emergencies...thank God, none have come along, iPad, use to read board and little shopping,and cable tv....still get annoyed that have to pay to watch tv too.....especially when half the stuff in cable " package" is older than dirt, but have to have it to get what I want to watch! So I guess I am a sort of a Luddite, not hooked on any of it..blogs are verbal selfies, Pinterest is like looking at other peoples scrapbooks-boring...... Got to go now and drive to store to shop...will just turn on regular radio and listen to whatever talk show I can find..maybe will learn something new or at least get a giggle.......
Old 08-26-2014, 07:38 AM

We had it for 2 years then the fee went up and the Martha Stewart channel was taken off so at the anniversary we cancelled. When we purchased our new car they gave us 3 months trail, we did not purchase now every three months we get mail offers each one at a lower price - first was I am thinking $189.00 a year -- yesterday we received another mail offer for $10. A month...almost half of the original price. After you break way from it you do not miss it. Play a favorite CD instead

Judy in Phx, AZ
Old 08-26-2014, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by kydeb View Post
I'm afraid that you're probably hooked. After my 3-month free trial ran out, I thought I could live without it as I only drive 3.1 miles to work (garage to parking space). Well, after a few days of only hearing commercials and stupid chatter all the way in (the whole 5 minutes!), I called and renewed. I'm fortunate enough that I very rarely hit a dead spot. I love being able to choose my music and not having all of that disc jokey yapping going on!! It's also great on a trip - you never have to search for radio stations. As far as price, there are different plans. I paid under $10 a month last time - well worth it to me.
My brother and sister in law have it installed in their new vehicle. They love it because of the lack of commercials, and will renew it. I don't know how much the renewal is. They said they can also stream it on their Ipad inside the home. Just what I was told. It does sound nice to me...I am getting to really really hate commercials.

Serita
Old 08-31-2014, 09:19 PM

I got it with my Prius and really liked it, but when I traveled around town, the trees and buildings knocked it off air. Even going out of town did not help, for the same reasons. it was not worth it, so I let it go.
But, I do miss the chance to listen to a lot of news and talk shows that are not available in out local area. I guess that is part of living on the Oregon Coast.
Old 09-01-2014, 10:30 AM

I love it. But not enough to pay a lot for it. When my special pricing period is expired I cancel and then they send me offers for 6 mos for $24 and I renew. I won't pay any more than that.