Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   I'm in missery (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/im-missery-t139621.html)

BrendaY 07-23-2011 06:59 AM

My next husband will have to be a chiropractor.... just kidding...

Kooklabell 07-23-2011 07:50 AM

Ice, ice, ice. On for 15 off for 15 for one hour. It will help reduce the inflamation and pain.

sewnsewer2 07-23-2011 08:38 AM

Thanks for the advise, I will give it a try.

I have been using the thermacare heat pads which help a lot. And taking ibprofen too. I have a back stretcher/ relaxer thing, I'll try that too.

30 years ago my son broke my 3rd vertabre when I gave birth to him. I have had arthritis ever since. :(

NancyBelly 07-23-2011 08:49 AM

My husband has degenerating disks in his back and also tried medication. Now he's medication free because he gets a deep tissue massage once a month followed up by a chiroprator visit. And the massage makes you feel great all over...all aches and pains and stress worked out!

kit'smamma 07-23-2011 08:50 AM

ICE IT! I am a veteran of such episodes and always applied heat. Finally in my 50's I learned from a young lawyer in my office whose wife was a physical trainer and whose dad in Italy was a professional soccer coach, that initially, heat just adds to inflamation. After a couple of days applying ice for abut 20 minutes at a time several times a day, then use the heat alternately with the ice. Gradually resume walking. Once you are recovered take up an exercise routine that strengthens you core. If you have a gym nearby employ the aid of a certified trainer who can teach you the moves. I can tell you from my own experience that's the long term secret to avoiding the hassle of such spasms.

Jane

alikat110 07-23-2011 09:04 AM

This happens to me sometimes d/t bulging disc....core muscle exercises have helped

franie 07-23-2011 09:25 AM

Ouch! Hope it gets better soon.

stitchinwitch 07-23-2011 10:22 AM

Oh Nooooooooooooooo I am so sorry - at first I thought you were in the Ozarks area!

miss_ticky2 07-23-2011 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by suzee
I grew up with the attitude that chiropractors were "quacks" until I had a similar experience. Just reached over to pick up a stapler and BAM! I spent a week in bed with muscle relaxers that did no good at all. Finally, a friend took me to her chiropractor. Within an hour, I was able to walk upright and pain free. Just sayin' . . . Hope you feel better soon!

I agree...I spent years with exactly the same thing as Sewnsewer2, until I finally decided to give a chiro a go (I had always thought they were 'quacks' too). Best thing I ever did, and haven't been laid up with a bad back since. Yes, I still injure my back but I'm straight off to the chiro and I'm up and about straight away..no having to spend days in bed at all

Pam Perry 07-23-2011 01:22 PM

That is all it takes. One wrong move and your out for a week or so . Prayers from my home to yours.