Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   I'm in missery (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/im-missery-t139621.html)

judyyoungs 07-24-2011 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by suzee
I grew up with the attitude that chiropractors were "quacks" until I had a similar experience. Just reached over to pick up a stapler and BAM! I spent a week in bed with muscle relaxers that did no good at all. Finally, a friend took me to her chiropractor. Within an hour, I was able to walk upright and pain free. Just sayin' . . . Hope you feel better soon!

I agree 100%. They certainly have helped me over the years.

pollym44 07-24-2011 09:26 AM

OUCH!!!!! :thumbdown:

blueheavenfla 07-24-2011 09:27 AM

Dawn,
I'm still in town so if you need anything...give me a call. All the advice on page 1 (I haven't read 2-3 yet)is good. If your back stretcher thing is a "Back2Life" get on it...do 2 timed sessions instead of 1 and do it 3-4 times a day. See if you can get your granddaughter to play nearby so you can watch her or if you need me to "borrow her" for a day or so, I can. I have a doctors appointment Tues. early AM but otherwise could help.
Donna

trolleystation 07-24-2011 09:53 AM

Been there and done that. Rest flat on your back as much as you can.

fuzzymom 07-24-2011 10:13 AM

yes, without a doubt, use ice. It reduces the swelling in the tissue and will allow the blood to flow. Heat swells tissues and causes more pain. Also, use bio-freeze -- sold at a chiropractor office. Non-greasy, refreshing, will not stain clothes, and best of all you don't smell like ben-gay.
Roll-on is handy and easy to use. But there is also a gel form. My chiropractor adjusts you himself -- not a machine. I went for a sciatic problem -- should have done it 30 years ago. Only use aleve for discomfort -- no pill could ever reach that pain in my butt. After my adjustment I feel 6' tall ...mind you, I shrunk to 5' 1/2". So you know I really feel good. Husband and youngest son have also gone to this doctor. No more pain for them. It works. Good luck.

babyboomerquilter 07-24-2011 10:14 AM

Hope you are up and at it by now!

Marge L. 07-24-2011 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
I agree that chiropractors are great- hope you find something that helps. Sounds like you're in a lot of pain :(
Are you taking anything like Advil???

Many don't agree with me, but that's all right. I know they can't fix everything, but neither can an MD. Since when did a pill put a back in alignment? LOL Marge L.

OmaForFour 07-24-2011 10:24 AM

I use the Thermacare pads and Advil. I put the pad on overnight when I have a problem. Works for me.

Originally Posted by sewnsewer2
Thanks for the advise, I will give it a try.

I have been using the thermacare heat pads which help a lot. And taking ibprofen too. I have a back stretcher/ relaxer thing, I'll try that too.

30 years ago my son broke my 3rd vertabre when I gave birth to him. I have had arthritis ever since. :(

twixbar 07-24-2011 10:37 AM

Ouch" I feel your pain, hope it goes soon.

Lindsey 07-24-2011 10:43 AM

oh that stinks I know where your coming from. I was sitting and picked up my grand daughter and bam it hit me. comes and goes..