Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Installed ad blocker...... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/installed-ad-blocker-t277239.html)

Geri B 03-30-2016 06:00 AM

Installed ad blocker......

On my iPad....the ads are still there, but now in Spanish...I think that's the language! Interesting?

Boston1954 03-30-2016 06:31 AM

I wonder if the place that you bought it may be able to help you get rid of that.

ManiacQuilter2 03-30-2016 10:52 AM

Check out your cookies and start deleting them. Also checked where programs are installed. I don't know how but I was getting these big ads ever 10 minutes.

Prism99 03-30-2016 01:12 PM

Which ad blocker did you install? I installed Adblock for Free by Neverads on my iPad and it stops all ads. You can delete the one you installed. I'd have to go upstairs to refresh my memory, but I think on my iPad the deletion is done in one of the Settings areas.

Geri B 03-31-2016 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by Prism99 (Post 7509694)
Which ad blocker did you install? I installed Adblock for Free by Neverads on my iPad and it stops all ads. You can delete the one you installed. I'd have to go upstairs to refresh my memory, but I think on my iPad the deletion is done in one of the Settings areas.

Ok I deleted the ad blocker I had..then went to AppStore for the one above....will not install. Says device cannot accept...I just updated this dang thing last week and seems like more work than it was worth....had to take to Apple Store.....now this....it did install a few kids games for gd a few days ago...so who knows whats going on now...I refuse to make another road trip! I'll just live with ads...just like tv....

Prism99 03-31-2016 08:26 AM

The latest update could be buggy. Learned the hard way to always wait on updates until others have tested them out. I haven't done the latest update yet. Try again after the next update.

mermaid 03-31-2016 01:38 PM

I'm guessing you are using Safari ( browser). There free browsers at the App Store..investigate. I use Appollo- no ads- Love it. Sometimes it won't recognize a link (seems mostly on quilt board!), but most of the time it goes where I want. When not, then I use Safari.

Geri B 04-01-2016 05:58 AM

I'll just live with these dumb ads for awhile....had to update because the kindle app on iPad had to be updated...like a chain reaction.....had to do one before I could do the other...and even the kindle update was a bit squirrelly for a day or two.....
now this monster insists it knows the words I want to key before I do...and I'm spending more time correcting the auto correct!

Prism99 04-01-2016 08:29 AM

Sounds like your update reset some of your settings to default. If you go to Settings, then Keyboard, you can turn off auto-correct.

Geri B 04-01-2016 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by Prism99 (Post 7511456)
Sounds like your update reset some of your settings to default. If you go to Settings, then Keyboard, you can turn off auto-correct.

Oh, thank you!